Wednesday, October 17, 2007

October 17 of 31

Wow... Today was a GREAT day. I'm still a little shocked at the events that went down.

I got up and we got ready and we went to see 3 houses. The first house was gorgeous, down the street from the first house I grew up in, but the 2 car garage was really a 1.5 car garage and we need a 2 car garage. How do you list a house with a 2 car garage when the 2nd car must be a mini cooper or a smart car to even fit into the 2nd spot? Anyhow, a 2 car garage is a must, so that was a big no no. Also the bathroom off the master bedroom was claustrophobic and only had a sink and toilet. The 2nd house we saw was also alright, same model as the first house, however this time with no new renovations and no extension added to the house like the first house, so it was smaller, and even though the master bedroom had a shower, sink and toilet (where the first one lacked a shower), it was even more claustrophobic. Also - the street that it was one was a MAJOR traffic street and no parking on one side at all and the other side of the street had no parking Monday to Friday 9 am - 4 pm. So I would never be able to have guests over! Anyhow, not what I was looking for. Pictures CAN be deceiving - cuz the virtual tour on the listing was great. The third house.................

Oh wow.... on a crescent so there is no one shortcuting on my part of the street, so Sean will be able to play hockey on the street once he's old enough. There is a park in front of our house in the middle of the crescent. The garage is for 2 cars. Driveway is good for another 2, maybe even 4. There is a patio off the master bedroom so I can put some chairs and read knit & books outside in the summer and watch the kids (in the future there will be kids!) on the street playing. Walk-in closet in the master bathroom and a bathroom with a shower, toilet/sink, etc. The hallway bathroom upstairs like triple the size of my currenly only bathroom in my house now. There is 2 bedrooms upstairs. A GORGEOUS (almost my dream) Kitchen, a proper dinning room, a living room, a den with a wood fireplace, an office with a powder room ensuite to the office that has the washer & dryer in it. (Huge powder room!) The basement is massive and there is a side room which will house Robyn's Nest Yarn and possibly my personal yarn as well! We are going to build it up for that purpose! (You see, the new house had to have proper yarn room available!) There is soo much more to the house that I love. I can't wait!

So... we saw the house at 1:45pm. By 4pm, my agent was at my house putting my FOR SALE sign in front of my house, and singing the paperwork to place an offer on the house (the 3rd house I saw today). By 7pm, when I got out of my car to go to knitting, a counter offer was already placed, at an amount LESS than what we were going to offer next! So tomorrow, I'm singing the paperwork to accept the offer, and upon inspection (which I'll do next week), I'm MOVING! We *may* get possession of the new house on November 1st - and that is SOON! I better start getting boxes to pack!

And as far as my house I'm in now... the sign wasn't even in front of my house for 10 minutes and already I've got an appointment to show the house at 4pm tomorrow. We're also preparing for an open house on Sunday.

So... all this means, that I unfortunately WILL NOT be able to make it to Rhinebeck anymore. That, and the fact that Sean is on antibiotics for an ear infection. He's also got a viral rash that there is nothing to do for it, and it'll go away on it's own. I really should NOT take him to Rhinebeck which is outdoors, with an ear infection. He just started the medication yesterday afternoon. It hasn't even been 48 hours tomorrow (Thursday) and we were supposed to leave Friday morning. My mom wasn't too happy when she heard I was still thinking of going.

With all this that is going on around here, I am BEHIND on my blog reading and WAY BEHIND on my emails. I am checking my emails, however, I will get to them as soon as I can. I'm also working on getting the October Sock Club Kits in the mail tomorrow.

While I was out tonight, I got a new toy in the mail! My new yarn meter. Very excited to try it out. I have some yarn that has no meter or yardage info on it, it'll be great.




However, it was missing on of the clear legs on the bottom of it, so it doesn't sit straight on any flat surface. I just emailed the manufacturer, and hopefully they will be able to mail it to me as soon as possible. I just got it today, and already it's broken! Just my luck.... really!

Check this out, I'm the FIRST LINK on Vickie Howell's Blog post from today! How cool is that??

Well, I'm showing my house tomorrow at 4pm, so I will be off to bed so I can get up and CLEAN!

25 comments:

K. said...

YAaaaaaaaaaayyyyyY!!!! New house!!! But you'll be so far away :( I hope you sell fast and for a kick ass price! I'm super happy for you guys since I know that you've been wanting to move for quite some time.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on the great news regarding your house!! The house you're going to buy sounds wonderful, and I hope you'll post pictures of it in the future!

Caroline said...

Again, congrats on the new house! I can't wait to see pictures!

Andrea said...

The house sounds great!!

Ali P said...

Will there be a knitterly house warming gathering? Huh? Huh? Not that I'm begging to asked over to the new house or anything..much....

Ali P said...

Oh and regarding Seanie's rash. Cam still gets those on occassion. His first was right after Halloween when he was 5 and we thought it was a food allergy so we had him on a very plain diet as we eliminated food after food after food. He had the rash for a month or so and when we finally got to an allergist and we recounted our food testings and removals she determined rash as reaction to a virus he'd had that October. Benadryl and all was well.LOL What a time we had.

Cynthia F said...

wow!! congratulations! that is so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - what a day - congratulations - hoping the home inspection is a breeze, and wishing you a quick sale. Your head must be spinning a bit with the speed of it all.
Sorry to hear about Rhinebeck being out - but there's always next year after you've completely settled into your new home :)
Moving by Nov 1st possibly? Oof.
All best!

Not An Artist said...

Congrats! That is so amazing, the new house sounds like it is absolutely perfect :)

Sorry I still haven't sent you that Habs Chart, its buried on a back up drive around here somewhere (there have been some harddrive failure issues on my stupid Macbook) but I will send it soon. Not that you'll have time for it, it sounds like a lot is going on for you right now!

Anyways, looks like neither of us will be making it to Rhinebeck this year after all. Let's make a deal to both of us ACTUALLY go next year, mmkay?

Bertha said...

Holy crap, that was quick! And here I thought house-hunting was always some major long-term fiasco! Maybe it's easier in Canada? Huh. I hope we have as much luck as you when we go looking for our first house in a year or two!

Anonymous said...

WOWWOWWOW!!! and YAYYYY!!! That is so cool that you found a house so fast.CONGRATS!!!! Hope it all works out for you!!! Cant wait to see pics of the new house!!!

craft-chick said...

Wow, you've been busy! Good luck selling your house and on the inspection of the new house. And I hope Sean is feeling better soon!

Wendy said...

That's awesome news! I hope that everything continues to go so fabulously!! AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on finding your (nearly) dream home! It sounds perfect for raising a few kids. Shame you have to miss Rhinebeck though. But, it is for a good cause! :)

adrienne said...

congrats on the new house. it is unbelievable what college students will do to a place.

you know they don't do anything like that at home!

kristo said...

Congrats on finding a new place so quick! That's awesome. It sounds really nice..... you better get busy! :-)

lspollock626 said...

Robyn


That is awesome about the new house! i can not wait to see pics!! it sounds absolutely wonderful.

I hope that Sean feels better soon.


Miss ya!

Mel said...

congrats on the purchase! That was fast and relatively stress free it seems :)

Lindsey said...

that is so freakin awesome about the house! congrats! i can't believe how quickly it all happened! please post pics soon.

sharon said...

I can only say that I am jealous but super super happy for you!!!
congrats.

Tanya said...

Congrats.

On a side note, have you heard my my spoiler? It's been about a month.

g-girl said...

wow! talk about fast! i guess things were just meant to be. glad to hear that things are falling into place for you! sorry to hear no rhinebeck this year but maybe next year. :)

Barb said...

Congrats on the new house!! can't wait for pics:)

Kathy said...

Holy smokes - what a day! How awesome about all the house news! I hope Sean is feeling better soon. And I'm anxious to hear what you think of the yarn meter. For some reason I have always wanted one!

Tara said...

Did you get your mannequin-leg, finally?