Thursday, December 20, 2007

51 Weeks

********* Warning, Spoiler for the last 2007 Rockin' Sock Club package in this post - view at your own risk!! If you don't want it ruined, don't view last picture in this post! *********


Sean is 51 weeks old today. One more week until his first birthday. I'm still very excited, yet very sad at the same time. My baby isn't going to be a baby anymore.

Today I had a lunch date with my friend Elana. We went out for Greek food. It was really nice. She treated me to lunch since I gave her all of my scrapbooking stuff (since I'm not really into it anymore). So as a thank you, she treated me to lunch. Elana is 31 weeks pregnant, and I can't wait to meet her baby girl. Elana is actually due on her sister's birthday. What's this with all the "on birthday" due dates! I know Elana from elementary school & high school as well, and we started talking again when I was working at a video store in the city and she started coming in to rent videos. And then she started taking the pre-natal aqua class while I was doing the post-natal part of it! But now we're taking pre-natal aqua together! It'll be nice that our babies will be about 4 months apart.

After lunch I ran a few errands on my way home, one them being a pick-up at the post office. I'd missed a package yesterday, so I went to pick it up. It was my last shipment of the year, for the 2007 Rockin' Sock Club:

And I'm in love! It's gorgeous. It's my colors! I love it. So impressed. So happy. So excited for next year's club - which is actually starting in January this time - instead of February. So I'll be getting another kit next month!

I want to make the Chicabean Scarf and the Chicabean Hat By the Kelly Green Rogue. Just gorgeous. I need to finish a lot of projects first, before getting into new ones, but these two are definitely on my list of things to make!

This evening I made my homemade meat sauce (my mother-in-law's recipe), two full pots. Some of it will be frozen for later, some of it will be going into a lasagna, and some of it will get eaten shortly. I also had defrosted too much meat tonight, and if I didn't use it - it would be garbage by tomorrow morning, so I made a double batch of meatballs, which made me 96 meat balls. (There's 94 left because I tasted one, and Jamie tasted one too). I can't wait for dinner tomorrow night, it'll be so delicious. I love cooking in my new kitchen.

Last night Sean woke up just as I went to bed. Or shortly after, I think. I can't recall if I actually got to sleep for a bit, or if I had just crawled into bed. I was too zonked to remember. Anyhow, he fell back asleep in my arms, and I put him to bed in his crib again. Within a few minutes, he woke up and started crying. I wasn't going back in. He has to learn. He cried for about 20 minutes, and then fell back asleep. At least it wasn't 40 minutes like the last time. I cannot let him sleep in my bed. There just isn't room for him anymore. The bed is too small for him to sleep a full night with both of his parents in there too. So tonight, I tried something new (after having a phone conversation with a friend of mine this morning who has a son a month younger than Sean). She was telling me about how she puts her son to bed, she reads him Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown every night. I own that book, so I pulled it out, and I will keep it on my night stand, and I shall read it to him every night before he goes to bed. It'll part of the new routine we're starting. We'll see what else we shall add - but this is one start. I hope it works!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Nice hat and scarf combo. And I can't believe you signed up for the Rockin Sock Club when you didn't knit a single pair this year! LOL!!!

Bertha said...

We have a pretty established bedtime routine and part of it is reading Goodnight Moon every night before bed! I don't know if it helps with the sleep, but she seems to enjoy it anyway!

Alison said...

I can't believe Sean's going to be ONE. Whooosh! Time flies.

Jenny said...

I love those pictures of you and the upsidedown Sean--very cute! Good plan to get a nighttime routine. We have had one with Chloe from 1 month old and she always sleeps in her crib--no crying--and it helps keep her momma sane!

Kim said...

Gorgeous yarn!! Loooove the colors. I wish I knew how to work socks. One of these days I'll get up the nerve. The Chicabean hat is awesome, too.

I like the idea of reading a goodnight book to Sean when you lay him down to sleep. Sounds like something he will grow to look forward to.

Melinda said...

That yarn is GORGEOUS!!!! Oh and your babies will always be your babies. I have a 16 year old and I still look at him and see his cute little baby face, much to his horror. hehe