Friday, July 04, 2008

july four :: 79 weeks

Sean is 79 weeks old today. I think we'll do something for his 100th week birthday! My father-in-law was joking about have a "party" for his 80 week birthday next week, but I think something is due for his 100th week! Just something with immediate family, nothing serious, but I like celebrating. Celebrating is fun!

We went out today with my mom to do a little shopping and get out of the house. Sean wanted Chicken Nuggets for lunch, so we stopped to have some. He wanted to show you that he's a big boy now, and knows how to drink out of a cup. (Though I don't put much in at a time, because he spills still if there is too much).

My big boy! I can't believe how big he's getting. Every day he amazes me with new things!

On most days he fights his naps. Today, we managed to get him to sleep in the car, and he stayed asleep once we transferred him into his stroller while my mom & I did some shopping. I had a gift certificate to HBC so I went to The Baie and picked out a pj 4 piece set, a new purse, and 2 shirts. Thank you to my in-laws for the very generous birthday gift certificate! I also got a great deal (at another store) on a pair of gorgeous black heels for 5$. (More about those tomorrow).

It was a nice afternoon out, and on my way home we did some groceries, and I picked up a 12-pack of Heineken. Dying for a beer. Though, I need to put them in the fridge and let them cool! MMmm, ice cold beer, hot summer day.

This evening my in-laws came over for dinner while Jamie played ball. My father-in-law BBQ'ed, which I'll never allow again. He didn't cook the hamburgers properly, and I think now I'm traumatized. Never again will I let him BBQ at my house! It's my MIL who is the cook!

After ball, Jamie's best friend & his girlfriend came over, and we watched a bit of Last Comic Standing from Thursday night and just chilled.

I need to clean my office tomorrow. It's a mess again. Yep. Life with a newborn & toddler. I need to find more time to read (want to finish my book already) and also more time to knit! Need more knitting time, it's a fact! I'm jonesing to knit. Will make the time. I also need Jamie to hang up stuff around the house, he's better at hanging stuff, than I am. (Picture frames that need to go up!) and also, I need to do laundry. It's piling up again. I think though, that I need Sean to be babysat for an entire day (like 10- 5pm or so), so that I could organize my office, and get it cleaned. But who knows when that'll happen. Maybe one day I'll see the floor in there again! LOL

To my American friends just south of us, Happy July the 4th. Hope you had a good one. Crack a beer open for me, okay? Mine aren't cold yet.

ps - this evening I spotted the first zucchini in my garden. Hopefully I'll be able to photograph it tomorrow! xoxo YEY!

pps- I'm nearing my 5000th commenter. Will it be you? There will be a prize for the person who is!

21 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

I'm absolutely floored by your energy and the amount of things that you manage to accomplish with your two boys (one NEWBORN!!).
Much applause.
(I suspect there will be many more than one zucchini eventually.. :) )
cheers - enjoy the beer -

Hattie said...

My kids always fall asleep in the car, five mins from the house...sheesh.

I hate when my FIL cooks, he overcooks EVERYTHING.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Mmmm. Bloody burgers!! :)

Why do all kids love the nuggets??? Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

N

KarenS said...

There's not much sweeter than a sleeping boy. Keep those cute photos coming :-)

Caroline said...

Awwww. Sean is a cutie!

And I second Kate's comment! You're a supermom, I can't believe everything you do in a single day!!!

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

I've been loving all the pictures of your boys. Mack looks so wise (and adorable) and Sean is always so smiley!

My Rebel EOS XT.... It gives me hope that neither of your Canon's are giving you grief.
Liva gained some weight! She is now up from 6lbs 10 oz to 7.05 lbs, her birth weight was 7lbs 8 oz. THANK GOODNESS!

Your garden is great by the way!

Kelly said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. I love reading your blog. I left you a comment after Mack was born. :) I am new to all of this blogging stuff so I am trying to figure out how it all works. Your boys are the cutest!!

adrienne said...

so how can you mess with a hamburger?

Nikki said...

Sounds like a great day! If it makes you feel better, I don't get anything done and I don't have children :)

Anonymous said...

Aw! cute pictures of Sean!

Ann-Marie MacKay said...

Last Comic Standing--I love it.
The "God's Pottery" group makes me laugh just looking at them

:)

Anonymous said...

Sean is so adorable!!! I think that is an excellent that you will be celebrating his 100th week!!

Great Pictures!!!

Secretly Spun said...

I don't let my DH BBQ either. Some men can work it out - my Dad even does pancakes on it (on a griddle), but he seems to be an exception. We had Steak Hache (posh french burgers) while camping and they ended up quite red in the middle. That we were all fine was probably down more to the freshness and quality of the meat though.

I remain in awe at the cuteness of Sean and Mack and the energy you have to get so much done.

Tara said...

Mmmmm, nuggets. I've got a wicked McMuffin craving now! Love those things...

Jenny said...

I wish Chloe would sleep in the car or stroller. This kid feels the need to be wide awake unless she is in her crib!

Christy said...

This reminds me of how my kids were so proud of being able to drink from a cup! He looks so cute!

Christy said...

Here is where I got the pattern for those footies on my blog. SO SIMPLE!

http://www.newconceptions.com/patpdf/Footiespdf.pdf

I would have emailed, but I gotta have another chance to be the 5000th comment!

Firefly said...

$5 shoes! How can you tease me with amazing price info and no goodie shot?

sharon said...

Where is my Heinekin? send it with the july club won't you...
And I was happy to get some housework done yesterday...
Although a day without spending money is always awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks fab. I'm still waiting for the tomatoes to show up. So far we only have sugar snap peas, blueberries, strawberries, and a tiny broccoli.

g-girl said...

awww, how cute is he drinking out of a cup! yikes...not properly cooked hamburgers?? So not good! :P