Saturday, July 19, 2008

july nineteen

I totally forgot (mommy brain) that my cousin and his wife & their almost 2 year old were coming over late morning today to stop by to meet Mack on their way to the country. I was just about done nursing Mack in my sleep (lying in bed) when the doorbell rang. If they hadn't shown up, I probably could have slept another couple of hours. It was great to see them though, the brought along a gift for Sean, and some books and a toy for Mack (Sean's already playing with the toy). I totally hope that we make plans again soon to get together with them, Sean had a great time playing with his cousin and it was just great to see them.

This afternoon we went to the Market and had some lunch. I hadn't been there in ages, and it was odd on how empty it was inside. On our way out there was a little tabagie (magazine shop) and I managed to get my hands on a copy of Simply Knitting!


I finally found a shop near my house that carries Simply Knitting Magazine! Oh, you don't know how exciting this is! The shop that I used to go to in the city doesn't carry it anymore, and I hadn't found a place near me here that carries it, until now! They should be getting the next issue next week, I was lucky to catch this issue. I guess we're a little bit behind the UK, but this issue is on stands here now. I think the UK is already onto the issue after the one that I'll be getting next week. I love the cardigan on the cover of the issue I just picked up and it came with the wood buttons to make it!

We did a huge order at Costco after lunch and then I dropped Jamie & the food off at home and took the boys to my parents house. Mack napped by the poolside while the rest of us went swimming. I'm amazed at what Sean does in the pool. He'll jump off the diving board now. My kid is fearless in the water which is a good and bad thing. It's good because he can swim (with floaties) and it's bad because he can never ever be left unattended for even one second (which he shouldn't be anyhow) because he'll definitely 150% try to go swimming if he were in the backyard. My parents pool pretty much takes up the entire backyard. (It would be the same at our house should we ever decide to get a pool, no other space!) It was nice to go swimming today. It was hot out! (I think though, the pool was just as hot at 90 degrees F).

Tonight Jamie & I started to watch the TV series Monk. We needed something new to watch (nothing's been on really!) and I love it! Season 7 started yesterday so Jamie & I have a LOT of catching up to do! I don't know why I never watched that show before!? I've just only discovered it now.

Tonight Sean was throwing a tantrum around 8:45 pm and because of this, Jamie picked him up and put him in his crib. He'd already had his bottle of milk. He wasn't impressed that I was changing Mack's diaper, and he picked up a few items and threw them on the ground/at the wall in our upstairs hallway. And then he tried to hit me. So, Jamie put him in his crib, with his Baby Einstein Lullaby Cd playing. Within 2 minutes of crying he fell asleep. Ahhh.. I think we're on the road to a good thing with putting him into his crib awake to go to bed. Though, this tatrum thing is just lovely, I tell ya! Really just lovely. Terrible twos coming on early?? I hope not! I hope it's just a passing jealousy "I have a big brother" phase.

Praying for no rain tomorrow. We're meeting my sister-in-law & nephew with my in-laws at the zoo! The weather network keeps changing their mind of what the forcast will be for tomorrow.

13 comments:

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Monk is a great show! When it first came out is was on one of the broadcast networks for a short time, and I was totally hooked. Then it moved to USA, and I can only watch it at Mom's since I don't have cable.

Caroline said...

I wanted to buy that magazine but it was wrapped in plastic and I hate not being able to see the patterns before I buy. It's a good thing I didn't buy it too because I wanted it for the circus mouse patterns and apparently, you had the buy the previous issue to get the mouse pattern. :(

Bea said...

I hope the zoo was loads of fun! I don't think I would decide to put a pool in if I were you. Not with your parents so close and the swimming classes. Right now he has yard to run around in and a pool to swim in. Thats pretty nice for a kiddo?

Turtle said...

Yup, also saw the mag but it was in plastic. I have so many patterns...do i really need more? (yes...silly question but..) Lol, at the tantrum..get ready!!

Anonymous said...

Wow -- You have your hands full! I wish I could finf a copy of the magazine locally - I'm in Alaska and I can only find 2 or 3 differnt mags here. Thanks for the contest and have great day. Debbie gussek@hotmail.com

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

Poor little Sean (and mommy and daddy of course)... I really think it is a combo of Mack being on the scene and terrible twos. My eldest started the terrible twos at 14 months and just when I thought they were over the tumultuous threes started! I think the tantrum is perfectly normal.

Kelly said...

Addie has the drum also. She loves it!!

Jennifer Lori said...

I'm so happy Sean fell asleep so early! Yay!

That is a gorgeous cardigan on the cover!

Tara said...

Yeah, aren't tantrums fun? I hear they stop when your kids are in their twenties...

Never watched Monk either. Never even heard of it until about a week ago.

I hope you had fun at the zoo! The weather held up until about 5 yesterday in Laval. Didja go to Granby or the St-FĂ©licien one?

Jenny said...

I am a big Monk fan (as well as Psych which is usually on right after Monk on TV). Great show!

Ally Jay said...

I know exactly how exciting it is to find Simply knitting locally. I have trawled miles around Auckland in search of a copy in vain. I finally gave in and ordered it online from the UK. Hope you enjoy every moment with it

IrishGirl said...

What a cute pic of you and Jamie!

g-girl said...

the drum sean got is cool! hopefully sean will pick up on the fact that whenever he acts out, there's going to be some sort of consequence.