Wednesday, July 23, 2008

july twenty-three

I got some great mail today. First, I received a package from Rhoda in the mail:

Sean got a Silly Monkey shirt, since that's what I call him. My Monkey.

Rhoda also sent 2 sleepers for Mack. Très cute.

She also sent a toy for Mack, some gum for me, and a skein of No Two Snowflakes yarn in the colorway That's Hot. I love it all! Thank you so much Rhoda! You really didn't have to send anything. My friends are just too generous!

I got my 2nd installment of the Vesper Sock Club. One more to go for the 3 month membership.
This colorway is called Shout Out Loud. It's fabulous too! I have no hatred at all towards any of the skeins from this club so far. All of them rock. Glad I joined.

And I also received some yarn that I helped someone destash. I received in the mail, Lana Grossa Meilenweit Color 5030 and Zen Yarn Garden Tea Cups which is 50% Superwash Merino and 50% Tencel. It feels super soft. I love it. I got a really good deal on someone else's destash. No complaints!

So I got a new swift. My old one had surgery about 3 times and I got fed up with it. It finally broke a 4th time, and I wasn't able to fix it. I still have it, but it's pretty much a goner. Damn it! So I ordered a Plastic & Metal one from Paradise Fibers.

It's really small. And I love it.

And it can be angled in any direction from top to bottom, it can do a complete 90 degree position change. Above, I have it on a 45 degree angle.

And here I have it on a 90 degree angle. I just love it. I love that it's flexible. I love that I can fit it into my purse too! It folds up SUPER tiny:


I got a LOT of work done today. Sean was getting cranky around 1:30 pm so at 1:50 pm I put him in his crib (he hadn't had his afternoon milk yet, but I didn't want to give it to him in the crib) and he passed out around 2pm. He napped until about 5:45 pm. Mack also napped almost all afternoon besides getting up once to feed. He slept the entire afternoon in his swing. This was great, as I got a lot of orders packed and they're ready to be mailed now. I'm glad that Sean is now getting on a schedule of napping in the afternoon. He's a much more pleasant child when he's fully rested. I find it's very important for his well being to have a nap, and get the rest that he needs. They say that in their first to second year (from age one to two) that they should be sleeping 12 hours at night, and still getting a nap during the day for a total of 14-15 hours of sleep.

This evening I took the boys and went to dinner with my in-laws and step-sister-in-law and her husband & their daughter. Jamie couldn't come with us, as he had to prepare himself today for a colonoscopy appointment tomorrow. Remember I told you that there was a waiting list for this procedure for April of 2009? Well, my dad has a connection at the hospital and Jamie got an appointment for tomorrow. We've known about it for just under a week. Turns out that it was supposed to be my grandmother's appointment, but she doesn't want a man doing the test for her, so my dad called his "contact" and got them to switch the appointment over to Jamie and my grandmother will see a female doctor instead. I don't blame her for wanting a woman to do the test for her. Especially that kind of test. I'm also glad that I don't have to get that test done for another bunch of years. Jamie's only going to get it done now because of the history in his family on his mom's side with the colon.

Jamie and I caught up on Big Brother 10 tonight. We're still behind on tonight's episode, but we caught up on Sunday & last night's episode. Not sure yet who I like and want to win....

Must make more knitting time.

Still looking out for the 5000th commenter. We're getting close. Thought I'd let you know!!!

16 comments:

Hattie said...

Pretty yarns! Love the Zen and the Vesper especially. Glad the boys are cooperating for you. :)

Anonymous said...

What a productive afternoon! Go Robyn :)
and just wishing Jamie a very very calm and smooth procedure. I know my Mum dreads hers - but she's pretty high stress, I'm betting if you can relax (ha!) it goes much better. Anyway - sending him my best wishes...
Kate (the enabler)

Caroline said...

I love the swift! If I ever decide to buy one, I think it'll be this one.

Amelah said...

Wow you got some nice stuff! :)

Sounds like you get a lot done with Sean & his naps. Make it a habit, every day at 2pm put him down! Maybe he will get used to it! He is soo cute too when he just wakes up :)

adrienne said...

nice kitchen.

swift's nice too

Tara said...

Nice stash enhancement! Maybe I should have another baby, apparently they come with lots of fabulous yarn! I really like No Two Snowflakes. Yet another Etsy seller to add to my favourites...

Turtle said...

funky swift! nice new yarns too. after the last few weeks of busy busy work i feel like "what time to knit" very depresing, smile!

Anonymous said...

What a great day you must have had. Congratulations on the super naps.

Lynn
lynnhaffner@kc.rr.com

lspollock626 said...

Robyn -
I hope Jamie's colonoscopy goes well. I just found out that I need to have one. I am getting it done in 2 weeks. I am not looking forward to the day ahead prep. i hear it is awful. miss ya !

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I empathize with Jamie, had mine just a while ago. Hard to believe there's a waiting list. The sleepers are cute, the silly monkey shirt is cuter.

Bertha said...

Oh, that Zen Yarn Garden colorway is super gorgeous! I love the name too, Tea cups! It sounds so pretty and dainty, just like the color!

Kelly said...

I love the pink yarn!! And the Silly Monkey shirt!!

Firefly said...

Can't read yesterdays post because I haven't received my BMFA STR kit yet!!!!

g-girl said...

so glad you loved everything (particularly the yarn--I had some difficulty parting with it when I saw it in person! lol). love the swift!! the second installment of the vesper sock club is pretty! how'd I miss out on that club?? hope the colonoscopy went well.

Bea said...

Love the new swift. Very awesome.

Secretly Spun said...

I love the swift, I'm still looking at all the ones built of Lego and Meccano but I think I'll probably have to go with a commercial one in the end. That one looks really useful. Will you be joining any of the Ravelympics teams to use up some of your stash?