Sunday, July 13, 2008

july thirteen

Today was a sleep in day at our house! Mack and I slept in until 2pm almost. Of course, we got up every 2-3 hours for feedings, and then went back to sleep. Sean also slept in, but then hung out with daddy for a bit, and then they also napped on the couch from just after noon until Mack & I got up at almost 2. Lazy day. Which was fine, because it rained. Jamie's ball game got canceled and we just hung out on the couch for the rest of the afternoon.

At one point I ran out by myself to meet my sister (my first time out alone without even Mack, since his birth!) for about half an hour or so to a shoe store up the street. Details about that to come. I got some really yummy shoes. (I heart shoes, can you tell?)

And late afternoon we headed over to my parents house for dinner.


Sean, who is now in a booster seat at the kitchen table and no longer in a high chair, had decided to put his feet up on the table, and thought he was really cute doing so. It was indeed really funny, and we all laughed, and we shouldn't have of, because it only encouraged him more.

He was also being really cute by telling Bosco (my parents Great Dane) that the phone was for him! I don't think Bosco was impressed with Sean shoving the phone in his ear, but Bosco loves Sean.

When we got home from my parents house, Sean stole my shoes. This kid has an obsession with shoes. I'm not sure if it's just my shoes only, but he loves playing in my closet in my bedroom taking all the shoes off the rack I have in there for shoes. Funny kid. Walking around in his mother's silver flats.

This evening Jamie & I watched the premiere of Big Brother 10. Looking forward to another season! Not sure yet who we like, but there's been nothing on TV lately, and we've been excited for this to start!

A little shop update:

You can get these in my shop here.


And these you can get in my shop here.

ps. The nursing/breastfeeding post will come shortly. Stay tuned.

pps. I'm getting this close to my 5000th comment. Just lettin' ya know!

13 comments:

Caroline said...

I want to see pics of the shoes! You always get cute ones!

Drea said...

Awe those earrings are so cute. Love the pics of sean, as usual. glad he slept in for you :-)

Anonymous said...

I do envy you the sleep-in day - wishing us all many more of those.... Paeticulaely like the pic of Sean and Bosco...something about kids with dogs.
hugs - Kate

Amelah said...

Well at dinner Sean was trying to take of mom's shoes right off her feet to put them on..so i dont think it is just your shoe's!! lol
He cracks me up!!!!!

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I'm gald Bosco is a patient dude. That's one king sized doggie! Glad you got some much needed rest. Cherish it.

Anonymous said...

Bosco can always come to my house and play with Lazlo! I love Dane's.

Plus TWO Big Brothers in a year is such a treat. I'm so excited. Even got showtime this time to DVR BB after dark.

g-girl said...

how cute is he putting his feet up on the table! I know, you shouldn't encourage him but it's still cute. shoes must be a universal thing to like. my niece does that too..and enjoys wearing grown-up shoes rather than her own!

Hattie said...

Love the earrings!

You should see my son in my high heels...that's a sight!

I've also been waiting to see BB 10, I have it DVR-ed and am about to go watch it and spin!!!

Bea said...

Your son cracks me up! Love the new earrings. Very cute and knitty!

Cynthia F said...

Sean is so cute- he's such a character!
and can't wait to see your new shoes...!!

Tara said...

Damn, that's a big dog! Sean could ride him like a pony (oooh, that came out filthier that I wanted it to...).

Dawn said...

I have some silver flats that my boys like to wear around. I told my oldest I was mad b/c he lost one of my red shoes and he says mommy you have more shoes over there. I then had to explain that I wanted to wear this particular pair.

g-girl said...

what a great shoe shopping day you had! :) sorry to hear that sean has been in everything. :P no words of wisdom on my end. other than hang in there. ooh, my peppers look like that too!!