Wednesday, July 16, 2008

july sixteen

This morning we all got to sleep in again. I'm really not sure what has gotten into our habits lately, but even though Sean went to bed at 9pm last night, (or shortly after) he slept in until 11:30 am today. I totally didn't mind the sleep in, but I got super lucky last night, I got a 5 hour stretch of sleep. Mack slept from around 12:30 am until 5:30 am this morning. I like that! Here's to hoping for more 5 hour stretches. Sean started sleeping through the night at 9 weeks old. Here's to hoping that the 5 hour stretches leads to "through the night"!

Last night I got eaten alive. I went out with Jenn last night to a friend's house for a book party. I kinda went knowing that it's the same company that I'm having the book party in August. A friend of mine is a rep, and convinced me to have a party at my house. I wrote down a list of books that I like, and want to order them in August at my own party. I also wanted to see how she set up for her guests, so I can do something like it for mine. The only difference is that I'll be doing mine in doors, where last night's was outside. I was eaten alive by mosquitoes and they drove me mental. Today, I want to rip off my skin. I'm do damn itchy from bites.

My mother & grandmother came over for lunch today. After lunch my mom headed out but my grandmother stayed so that I could fold some laundry and get a few things done around the house. I got 3 of the 4 baskets of laundry done that I needed to fold. Boy, the laundry doesn't end. I also was able to take a decent length shower this afternoon (instead of a rushed shower) while Mack slept and my grandmother hung out with Sean.

This afternoon a friend of mine whom I met in pre-natal aqua when I was pregnant with Sean called me up to tell me she was going to walk to the park down the street from my house. Her son is exactly a month younger than Sean. So we packed up and headed up the street. I had a screaming baby for the entire walk and had to nurse him at the park. My friend pushed Sean on the swings while I nursed Mack. We had a good time at the park. She's going to call me tomorrow and we may either go back to the park or walk over to her house to swim. We'll see.

I got me some delicious mail today! From my Secret Pal 12 Pal! I've got a great pal, and I want to share why:

Rohrspatz & Wollmeise!!
  • One 150 gram skein of Rohrspatz & Wollmeise superwash 100% merino sock yarn in the incredibly beautiful, exclusive Digitessa colourway, usually enough to knit a pair of knee-high socks. This colour is only available in the Digitessa kit.

Oh wow, is it SOOOO my color! I love it.


A really nice pouch (probably not big enough to carry knitting projects in it, but to put notions in it for sure!) I love that it matches the yarn!

Inside the pouch I found some gum (I love gum) and Ravelry pins!!!! I totally wanted some! Now I can be hip & cool like everyone else. There was also some candies in the Spice Boy packet that had some pictures of other Yarnissima sock patterns. Speaking of which, I really wanted to get the XS Firestarter pattern. Eventually I hope to! I was eying it the other day, my first time on the Yarnissima site.

She or he sent me La Digitessa pattern which looks really awesome! Comes with the kit!

Thank you sooooooo much pal, I'm going to go drool over the Wollmeise in a few minutes!

In my garden there is a mini-bell pepper sighting! A little tiny green one. Thry may come in other colors I'm hoping, they're supposed to be mixed. The package had red, orange, yellow & green ones on it.... here's to hoping! I can't believe a plant this small with have peppers on it!

A tree/bush in the front of my house that had flowers a bit ago, now has these on it. Looks like berries of some sort? I'm assuming that they are NOT edible?


And tonight with dinner we had zucchini grilled on the BBQ! My very first zucchini that I grew myself. It tasted out of this world! Tomorrow, with the rest of it, I plan on making zucchini bread. I'll let you know how it turns out!

Tonight Jamie and I watched some Reality TV. Big Brother 10, I Survived a Japanese Game Show & Wipeout. It was great to veg out on the couch (nurse Mack) and watch TV. We're trying to arrange a possible trip to the Zoo over the weekend/early next week with my sister-in-law & nephew who are coming into meet Mack & see Sean.

11 comments:

Secretly Spun said...

Glad you liked it... try not to get the yarn too wet while you are drooling, I'm not sure what spit will do to it but its probably not good.

Christy said...

Have you reached 5000 comments yet?

My kids like the Usborne books. Their favorites are the Pirate and Princess books that are kind of like "choose your own adventure". You get to put different pictures into the story. Fun stuff!

Christine said...

I've been looking out for this post!

I am currently nursing my 8 month old son. He was exclusively b/fed for 4 months when we started introducing solids.

I hear you on the time thing. It wasn't unusual for me to be feeding him for an hour at a time.

But it got better. I had massive amounts of pain, and considered quitting when we reached 6 weeks. But I started using lanolin on the nipples, and it got better. He also got better at staying on, and feeding in public was no longer an issue. I felt very paranoid about it to begin with, but with time, the paranoia faded and pride took its place.

At 8 months, he now drinks for 10 mins in the morning and 10 at night, and I know if I had quit, I would be full of regret. Breastfeeding is hard work, and takes so much time.

At the end of the day though, everyone should do what they feel comfortable with. It turns out I wasn't comfortable with shelling out money for powder.

Karley said...

what is a book party?? it sounds really interesting!!

Amelah said...

Wow nice package! Good for you :)

Aww Sean is soo cute, as always!!!

So when do I get to take home some stuff from your garden :)

Lindsey said...

omg that yarn is beautiful! what a great package! you scored big time!

that grilled zucchini looks wonderful! do you do anything to it besides throw it on the grill?

Tara said...

I can't believe Sean sleeps until noon. I guess not having a schedule sometimes pays off! And nice package! I have that same Yarnissima kit.

Anonymous said...

My kind of kid ... not getting up before noon!!! That's usually my plan when I have any day off at all.

That sock yarn is beautiful - love the color!!!

g-girl said...

your wollmeise is gorgeous!!! wow, sean slept until almost noon? That's awesome. :) glad you were able to get a longer stretch of sleep! guess what, i'm noticing that sean is starting to look more and more like a lil kid and not just a cute lil baby!

Kelly said...

I LOVE the show Wipeout. It is so funny!! Beautiful yarn by the way.

Bea said...

Yeah for sleeping!! The yarn is beautiful! What a great present. mmm...zucchini...

Hows that for random comment?