Thursday, July 24, 2008

july twenty-four

There's a cucumber in my garden. Actually there are a few starting. This is very exciting to me. I heart cucumbers. They're my fave veggies. Ranked number 1. I'm so happy one of the cucumber plants is starting to produce something! I can't wait to pick it and eat it!

Some of my cherry tomatoes are turning red. This is very exciting. It means that soon I can pick them and eat them. Not bad for a first time gardener, eh??

Today I did some stuff around the house while my cleaning lady was here, and attempted to do some laundry. I still have four hundred more loads to do (okay not really four hundred, but you get the picture)!

Late afternoon I dropped Sean off at my parents house and did a run to the post office. I think the people behind me in line were cursing me, I had a ton of stuff to mail today! I was all organized though, with all my customs labels already all filled out, so it would speed things up. People in line behind me didn't seem to care though that I'd filled everything out beforehand. I think they were annoyed that I had a lot of stuff to mail. But you know, I did stand in line and waited my turn, so.... I'm entitled to mail out as much as I want! I've waited my fair share at the post office before with psycho people before me in line either mailing out a ton of stuff or causing the cashier grief over god knows what!

After the post office since I was in town, I picked up some dinner and headed over to Ariadne to see Angela & Madeleine. Mack had a good time chilling on their couch while I knit. You can see my Misty Garden Scarf behind Mack, I actually got to work on it tonight!

Angela & Mack

James, Angela, Lena (hiding behind Mack) and Erin.

Erin, Michelle, Amanda & Geeta
(Do Erin & Michelle have blogs or Ravelry IDs? Anyone?)

Mary's having a baby boy late fall, so she got some practice in with Mack! She did a great job! Though, I feel bad, because Mack spit up while she was holding him. (Totally NOT your fault Mary!)

Michelle was so proud that she picked up stitches for her hat that I had to take a picture. Michelle is my emergency nurse friend who came to visit me while I was in the hospital with Mack since she worked while I was there.

It was also great to see Kadi who just got back from Europe.

I was so glad to get out of the house tonight, and knit. I don't get knitting done while Sean's around. Mack's super easy and lets me knit. I told him that if he lets me knit tonight, I'll knit him something. Hey, it worked! Hee hee... I thank the ladies at Ariadne for not kicking us out and letting us stay late! I wish I could have stayed longer tonight. If you're ever in Montreal visiting, you have to check them out - the owners are lovely and they are the only yarn shop in Montreal that I'd buy stuff from (seeing as though I have my own shop!) Actually tonight, I got a copy of Steppin' Out Too since my best friend knit the test pair that are on the cover!

So, Kelly whose blog is I'm Loving Motherhood blogged the other day about a $250 cookie recipe. A friend of hers was expecting to pay $2.50 but the store (Neiman Marcus) charged her $250! Outraged she decided to share the recipe with everyone she knows and wants us to share it with everyone we know! You can find the recipe here, so feel free to make them and pass it on! I'm curious to taste what 250$ cookies taste like!

A reminder that there is only a few days left to pick up your August Sock Club, which I'm designing the pattern for! Come on and show some support! It's my first pattern ever! If you've already got your August Kit, September's is up for sale as well (Yarn is Lovesticks by Kavatar0). Delicious!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/fooddrink/a/cookie_recipe.htm

just so you know, the cookie story is false, see link above

Anonymous said...

Hey Robyn-
that cookie thing is a scam. It's been floating around via snail mail and via email since the dawn of both! Totally untrue!

the cookies are decent, but the story? Bunk.

Amelah said...

Nice, i love tomatoes :)

Jennifer Lori said...

I sent this link to Amy too...
http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp

:)

How far along is Mary? She looks so TINY in that photo!!!!!

Anonymous said...

it was great to see you and your new boy last night! it was also good to get some practice in :).

Please come back anytime you want and bring your brood! we love them!

mary j

Caroline said...

There's a steppin' out 2? I need it!!!

And btw, the 250$ cookie recipe is an urban legend:
http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp

Kelly said...

Just to clarify again (as I did on my blog and your sisters blog)... I DID NOT know the lady with the cookie recipe. It was given to me by a family member. It is only a story/legend. I just want to make sure that everyone knows that. Thanks

Anonymous said...

wow, those cucumbers look delicious! nothing better than self-grown food :)
and the knitting party looks like fun too!

Tara said...

Are you seriously trying to tell me Mary's got a baby in there? 'Cause I don't buy it.

Amelah said...

Wow looks like u guys had fun last night....

Turtle said...

I am so freakin jealous of your garden, ours has been so slow this year with the weather. Berries in abundance but veggies, well we've gotten lettuce so far, once! The neiman marcus cookie recipe story has been floating around for years! the cookies are good but, they're a cookie recipe. (but good ones)

g-girl said...

check out that cucumber!!! yay!! And look at all those tomatoes! I only have a couple popping up on mine. it looks like you had fun at ariadne (and all the other ladies!). Michelle's hat is cute!

Anonymous said...

Mack is getting bigger! Looks like he had a great time knitting out. And the garden's looking great.

Bea said...

Mmmm...Veggies...

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

It's been a few years since Mom's had a veggie garden, since she was 78 or 79. It's just a bit much for her anymore. We both miss the garden fresh taste of home grown.

Anonymous said...

I was going to tell that the cookie story is an urban legend, but others have beat me to it.

Your garden looks great. Glad you had such a good time at your knitting group.

Lynn
lynnhaffner@kc.rr.com

Karley said...

that ravelry knitting night looks like so much fun! i think i will actually be able to go to the next one!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Congrats on your garden doing so well! I'm sure you are going to enjoy your cukes so much - especially since you grew them yourself!

Sounds like you had a great time with the knitting and friends, and I bet everyone just loved Mack to pieces - he's so cute, and sounds like a really good baby too.

Cynthia F said...

wow your garden is looking great!!
i'm still contemplating august's kit.... :))
ps stop by my blog to pick up an award you won!
xoxo

Nicole said...

this is a sort of random question, that I could probably answer through google, but how do you know when a zuccini is ready? we have 2 of them on a plant, and theyre pretty big... but i dont want to pick them too soon, or too late...
thankyou!