Sunday, July 27, 2008

july twenty-seven

Slept in today. We all did. Sundays lately have been for catching up on much needed sleep. Very important. Very needed. I like Sundays!

I can't figure out how women with more than 1 kid "do it"...? I have no idea how they manage to get out of the house? I tried to get out of the house for 3 pm, but that didn't happen. I was supposed to meet my sister at a store (so she could help me out with Sean) and I tried to leave out of the house like 10 times. But no. Sean made a poop. Then Mack made a poop. Then Sean made another poop. And then Mack made another poop. I don't get it. In the span of an hour I changed 4 poopy diapers. I never thought I was getting out of the house. Finally by 3:51 pm I dropped off Sean at my parents house where my sister was waiting, so she could watch Sean and go swimming with him & our parents, and I ran my errand. By the time I got back about 30 minutes later, they'd gotten out of the pool since it looked like it was going to pour. (It never poured - I could have gone swimming!)

Here are some pictures from my parents house tonight:

Mack says thumbs up!

Mack, Sean & I

Cowboy Mack!

Cowboy with attitude!

Mack & I. (I love this picture!)

And Sean & I.

Anyhow, today otherwise there is nothing to report. Nothing of importance really.

We did manage tonight to figure out how to fit my double stroller into my trunk. We knew there was a way to get it into the trunk, as it's meant for people who have regular sized cars with regular sized trunks as well. It fits.... UPSIDE DOWN! I have to flip the entire stroller over to get it into my trunk, but it does go! Phew! Glad it gets into the trunk now...

Tomorrow Mack starts his playgroup. I never got into one with Sean (didn't know other mommies with kids born around the same time as Sean in my area at the time) and regretted it. Rather, I was jealous of any mom who was in a playgroup with their child. Sean now has friends his age due to the classes he started at around 12-13 months old at the Y, but I didn't have anything for him before that. We took swimming classes yes, but other than that, nothing. So I'm very excited that I now have friends whom have been having babies from May - July and are interested in playgroup! Whoot! My sister is watching Sean for the time we'll be out tomorrow, and then I'll come back and watch a movie with her before she has to go meet her trainer at the gym. And so begins another week....

Just a reminder there is only a few days left to get yourself an August Sock Club. Please come on over and support me, it's my first pattern design ever and I'm very excited about it! And those of you who picked up the August kit and want some more yarnie goodness, the September Sock Club is now listed and it's yarn handpainted by the woman who does Lovesticks.

12 comments:

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

Great pictures! I hope I can find a group too... Well, typing with one hand isn't working so I have to cut my comment short!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures - at least Mack isn't at that age where he will take off the cute hats you put on him. Glad you found a playgroup for Mack.

Jenny said...

What a great little cowboy hat--it is so tiny! I like that picture with Mack tickling your chin. So sweet!

gaspe knitting gal said...

cute pictures,
for wash clothes (face) i alway buy white ones and throw them in the wash with a bit of javex bleach .

gaspe knitting gal said...

cute pictures,
for wash clothes (face) i alway buy white ones and throw them in the wash with a bit of javex bleach .

Bea said...

Maybe sleeping in on Sundays is why it feels like your sleeping schedule gets screwed up with the weekends?

The cowboy hat is really cute!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Mack cupping his hand under your chin is priceless. Sean looks like he is pretty happy being big brother, too.

Dawn said...

Awwww Mack is so cute and getting bigger by the day. Sometimes I think that poop is all we talk about around here. Does it ever end???

illahee said...

oh my gosh, your children are adorable!! (i'm new here, hi!)

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

Cowboy Mack... TOO CUTE! Sean and he are going to lasso a lot of hearts along the way.

Drea said...

Hey Robyn,,
I love all the pics... im so behind on blogs. we had no internet for about a week.
Just know im checking back but cant comment due to time issues. U are 2 cute tho! Mac is getting so big already!!

Tara said...

That's a great cowboy hat! Mack is very fashion forward, it seems. ;)