Friday, July 31, 2009

july thirty-one

This morning I checked in with the nutritionist. I only go once a week now that I'm in maintenance mode. I like this once a week check-in, it's very.... relaxed. I'm down another 1.2 lbs from last Friday, at 151.8 lbs on their scale (which is 148.8 lbs on my scale - 3 lbs discrepancy). I'd like to get down to 145 on my scale, so that's just another 3.8 lbs to go. Not that far off! This is my new goal, with no deadline.

Bonnie and I decided to run some errands this morning and then go for Harvey's hamburgers for lunch. I had a coupon for 2 free hamburgers as Harvey's is celebrating 50 years. Since my hamburger was free, I got another free hamburger with the purchase of Mackenzie's kids meal. I like Harvey's because you can get a hamburger on a whole wheat bun. This makes me happy. And their burgers are rediculously tasty. By far my fave place to get fast food burgers.

After lunch we headed to my friend D.'s to go swimming.

Mack likes his new friend C. (from one of his mom and tot classes we're in).

Rosie had a snooze while we got ready to go into the pool.

The kids enjoyed themselves. Rosie, C & Mack.

They played ball too.

Mack had a grand time.

Had so much fun it was time to take some shut eye in the boat.

We definitely hope to go swimming again this summer in D's pool.

My in-laws came for supper tonight. Jamie had ball again so he missed out on a pasta dinner. My mother-in-law made a tomato sauce base and then "spiced" it up to your liking. For me it was a clam sauce, and for my father-in-law, he had it primavera style... as some examples. It was delicious. My mother-in-law brought her homemade apple crumb, and I had a small little piece. It was so good. I haven't had something like that in a long time, it was much deserved. Plus, I didn't have much anyhow, saved the rest of what was left of the small pie for Jamie for when he gets home from ball tonight.

4 comments:

Bea said...

Sounds like an excellent day!

Nicole said...

have you tried the veggie burgers at harveys? they are absolutely fantastic! i am vegetarian, and i brought a couple home one day, left one in the fridge for later, and my dad, who is very anti-vegetarian, devoured it!
the floaties that the kids are using are super cute!

g-girl said...

ahhh, fun lazy summer days in the pool. those lucky lil ones! :)

Tara said...

I used to love watching the kids' fall asleep on their bottles. They look like they're just in heaven!