Friday, October 09, 2009

october nine

I dropped off the boys early today at daycare. I had a really early morning eyebrow wax. I always feel so much better after getting those done. After my appointment was over I headed over to Mack's best friend's house to have tea with his mom. Mack's best friend was awake but went down for a nap a bit after I got there. She gave me her donation for the knit-a-thon I'm doing all night long in November. It was actually Mack's best friend's first birthday today, so I got to see him on his actual birthday, which was nice.

After leaving my tea date this morning I went to work. I was shocked to see that my manager completely cleaned my office. It looks so tidy in there, I love it. Things are starting to get more organized in there...

After work I picked up the kids and met Jamie back at home. We then met my in-laws and Jamie's step-aunt at a local Chinese Food restaurant for dinner. It was delicious.

At the end of the meal, the fortune cookies come. Sean was sitting on my step-mother-in-law's lap (his nana's lap) and Jamie's step-aunt was opening up the fortune cookies with Sean. She reads one and says "Sean should go sit in his booster seat"... Sean says "No"... in the no way kind of way. He goes off to play with another kid that was running around in our area of the restaurant and the comes back to the table for another fortune cookie. He says then he will read it this time. He then says "Sean no have to go to booster seat" we all laugh. He then says "No one listen to Auntie Anita". (Jamie's step-aunt). It was just too funny. What a smart little cookie I have.

The other Wednesday night when I dropped Eugenie off at home after knit night, my car got scratched up on my bumper. The city is digging up her street and they put rocks in the middle of her driveway so that she can even get into it with her car. I had to turn around to get back home, so I attempted to go into her driveway when I heard a "crunch" type sound... one entire side of my bumper is now scratched with rock. I'm wondering if there is an easy fix to this? Getting it buffed? Is that the right word?? Anyone know anything about cars? The car will belong to me in exactly 12 days when my lease is up, as I'm buying back my car, as I love it. I just want to get rid of these scratches.

I cannot keep my eyes open. I'm off to bed.

5 comments:

Hattie said...

Yeah, I don't think buffing will help that! Buffing will help hide very minor scratches, but those are pretty big...hubby does detailing, that's the only reason I know. :(

Nicole said...

you would probably have to find some paint in the same colour as your car (the dealership may have some, my dad gets his from canadian tire) make sure you get the EXACT colour. it should have the make, year and colour name.
if you have a friend who is really good with detailing, you could ask them, otherwise, a place like canadian tire may be able to do it.

Bea said...

Sadly I know nothing about cars. I totally feel the same way as you about eyebrow waxing.

Tara said...

I have such woolly mammoth eyebrows, I have to do them weekly or I get a unibrow. So no waxings for me!

g-girl said...

were you able to get your car taken care of? i hope so. are you getting close to your goal??