Thursday, October 29, 2009

october twenty-nine

Today I kept both boys home. Sean's still coughing. Mack has a slight cough, so to be safe, I kept them both home today. I am hoping they are both okay to go to daycare tomorrow, as I don't want them to miss their halloween party at school.

I had my sewing class this afternoon and I was lucky to have my mother babysit the boys while I went to class. I got to class and I accidentally forgot part of my sewing project at home. My teacher suggested that I start working on the next part, and since my mom was home she was going to run to my house and pick up what I forgot. I called my mom and she put it in my mailbox (since Mack was napping). It was really nice that my teacher went to pick up the piece that I forgot. It's amazing how time flies in the class. We have so much fun chatting and working, I love it. She's such an awesome teacher.

On my way home, I made a stop for some groceries and then ran home to relieve my mom of babysitting duties. I made dinner and baked a few other goodies:

I made 3 apple cakes (whole wheat), 2 which are for each of the kid's classes tomorrow for their Halloween Parties and 1 of our dinner guests tomorrow night. I also made a whole wheat zucchini bread for us to have. I was on a baking fix tonight... no idea what got into me tonight.

I finally pulled out what I wanted to have as my blogaversary contest prize. For my 8121st commenter, they will receive 1 skein of Zen Yarn Garden's Squooshy in "Robyn's Gold" as well as some dangle-free stitch markers, 2.25mm Robyn's Nest Circular Needles, a sample of SOAK, and a pair of scrabble earrings in the winners initials. I will also throw in a pattern, just haven't figured it out yet, which one. Happy Commenting!

Hubby had hockey tonight so I did work in my office after the kids went to bed. I really wanted to just sit on the couch and watch mindless tv, and knit - but I just had some work that needed to get taken care of. I'm almost caught up, maybe next week I can watch my Thursday night Chick Flick line up!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Is that the same colorway as the monthly club that offered that color? It seems pretty different from the one I still have... pretty PRETTY too, though! I've been meaning to knit up the kit socks (the ones that look like laced-up sandals) ever since I got the club... yup it's STILL in my queue!

Nicole said...

I LOVE zucchini bread! My mom grows her own, and then makes them all into bread or muffins.
I wish I could get a one on one sewing class. I used to sew a lot more when I was in highschool than I do now.

Bea said...

Your cakes look yummy.

i am the diva said...

that yarn is so pretty!

Tara said...

What's on your Thursday Night Chick Flick lineup?

Tanya said...

Long time, no read... I hope all is well in your world. The kids are getting so big.

g-girl said...

the picture of sean laying on mack is classic. i do that to my niece!! lol. you were a baking queen! it's relaxing, i think. :)