Tuesday, October 13, 2009

october thirteen

I was about to put the boys into their jackets this morning in order to head out the door and Sean decided to dump an entire water bottle over Mack's head. He was soaked. I missed music class this morning because of this. I had to dry off and change Mack. I was so angry I just dropped them both off at daycare. I really wasn't in the mood to be very late to music class.

Three more sleeps until Rhinebeck! I feel like a little kid counting down until Christmas. Really!

I worked today. Jamie wasn't in our store today because it was a holiday yesterday (Canadian Thanksgiving) so he had to stay the head office today to get work done, as today was his "Monday". Monday is his busiest day at the head office. It was actually rather quiet today at our store because he wasn't there. I miss his presence when he's not in.

Today I tried to convince Cynthia to come to Rhinebeck. It didn't work. I even found her a chea deal on a flight to get her to Montreal. I had it all planned out. Maybe she can make it work for next year. It's sad that Tara won't be able to join us either as her husband will be having surgery on his hand again. And Eugenie can't get off work this weekend either, she's working at the hospital. Oh well. I will still have fun with Amy & Madeleine regardless!

When I picked up Mack from daycare he was rather warm. When I brought him home & checked his temperature he had 101.7 fever. Poor guy. He has 2 molars coming through on the top. I am hoping the fever is just because of that. If he still has fever by the morning, I'm keeping him home tomorrow just in case. I need him to get better. I don't want to go away this weekend knowing he's at home sick. Isn't 101.7 a little too high to be teething fever?

This evening I had the Montreal Knitting Guild Meeting. We had a raffle and for every black or orange knitted item you were wearing (didn't have to be solid of those colors, it just had to have that color in it) you got a raffle ticket. I was wearing the most -- at 8 items. And there was only 1 prize drawn, and I won! A skein of Regia Nordic Color. In my sister's fave color... blue! Lucky me! I had a good time at the meeting tonight, and I can't wait for next month's meeting. Someone is coming to talk to us about spinning. Although I am not interested in picking up spinning (I'd rather spend what free time I do have knitting), it should be an interesting lecture.

4 comments:

Bea said...

I don't have kids of course but read 101.7 and teething in the same sentence and thought that seemed high. But I don't have anything to base this on of course...

Amelah said...

I like that Regia color! Yum!

Tara said...

Next year, come Hell or high water...

g-girl said...

great shade of blue! ohhh, if i could go to rhinebeck, i'd be counting down the days too!