Wednesday, October 21, 2009

october twenty-one :: 70 Weeks Old :: Blogaversary

Today Mack is 70 Weeks Old.

Today also marks my 4th Blogaversary! I am going to be holding a contest. I will get a picture of the prize posted shortly, but I am going to let you know that the 8,121st commenter will be the winner! I have some ideas of what I want to put together as a prize, it will be something knitting related, since primarily I am a knitter in the craft world. I'm new to crochet, but knitting is my first love (after my husband & kids of course!) So keep the comments coming, number 8,121 will be the winning comment!

Remember this tree? From last week? Not even a week ago?? 6 days ago it was beautiful. Today, most of the leaves have fallen off. Quite quickly if you ask me. I can't believe how fast fall is moving along. It'll be winter before I know it.

My mother picked me up today about an hour after I got in from dropping Mack off at daycare after his swim lesson this morning. We headed towards the hospital in the city. The parking was the pits. It's unbelievable how insane even the hospital's lot was.

My grandmother is doing better. She was even making some jokes today, which was nice to hear. My grandfather will have to have surgery on Friday morning to repair his broken vertebrae. they wouldn't do this surgery unless they feel he is strong enough to do it. I actually went into his room in the ICU to see him. It was really hard to see him with all the tubes and the ventilator (respirator) helping him breathe. He looks weak but is remaining really strong. I saw my dad's brother for the first time in 12 years. He ignored me, so I did the same back. I don't care. I have nothing to say to the guy unfortunately. At least he is being civil with everyone else for my grandparents sake. The guy is just a loser though. Still is, always has been.

I came back home with my dad since my mom was staying at the hospital. There was a LOT of traffic. It took us about an hour and 15 minutes to get back to my house. I had to practically leave the second I got home to go pick up the kids from daycare. I was supposed to pick up a BBQ chicken and some french fries for dinner, but since I got stuck in traffic I ordered some in instead.

I was supposed to go to knit night tonight. However, I missed it. I called my sister just before I was supposed to leave to ask her what the coffee shop had to eat, if anything. She told me there wasn't much. So I went upstairs to wash up to leave, thinking about what I should eat for dinner. I started to get a bit tired with a slight headache. I figured I'd lie down for 5 minutes and "rest" my eyes. That was at 6:30pm approximately. The next thing I knew, it was 10:30 pm and Jamie had just got home from driving a friend home. Apparently my sister called half way through the evening to see where I was, and Jamie saw that my car was still in the driveway, and then found me asleep in bed. I must have been extremely tired to have missed knit night. And now, I don't know how I will get to bed! I shouldn't have had a 4 hour nap! It's ruined me for sleeping tonight!

- Another article in today's Montreal Gazette, where my dad was interviewed.

7 comments:

Hattie said...

Oh shoot, I think I missed my blogiversary! I'm going to have to go check now...

Kimber said...

I am in awe of that young man who helped your Grandpa - it gives me hope!

Happy Blogaversary!

gaspe knitting gal said...

robyn how nice that you have blogged so long and often

Bertha said...

Happy blogaversary Robyn!!

Bea said...

Happy Blogaversary!!! I can't believe its already Autumn here. You can't believe how fast it is moving but its usually sorta hot here this time of year and we've actually had really nice temps lately. Hopefully the nap at least made the headache go away?

Tara said...

Why 8121, hun? Happy Blogaversary!!!!

g-girl said...

oh my gosh! that's the same tree you took a picture of not too long ago?? crazy! happy belated blogiversary. :) must be all the stress you've been under to make you so tired.