Monday, October 19, 2009

october nineteen

It took me forever to get out of the house this morning and take the boys to daycare. It was just one of those mornings. Maybe just with everything going on, the simple things in life just seem to take forever. I just can't explain it.

This morning Sean had fun trying on my headbands again.

We did finally get out the door. Maybe it just was because it is Monday. Maybe it's because of the uncertainty of what will happen with my grandfather. We're praying he recovers, but at 82 years old, one doesn't heal as quickly or as easily as someone younger.

Today I did a lot of laundry. I wanted to stay close to home as I was waiting for phone calls from the hospital and I wanted to be around in case my mom called me to go let out her dog or feed him. I ended up doing the lunch time run to their house to let the dog out and give him some water. While folding the kids laundry, I took a look at Sean's pants and noticed that there is a button on the inside with an adjustable waist. Honestly, this is the best discovery ever. I had no idea. This is also the best invention ever. So freakin' cool. This actually saves my life. I've been running around going insane trying to find him pants that fit. This is actually a good solution to put him in the larger size pants, his new size 3's... but to adjust them to him! (Size 2's are clearly too small, though, depending on the brand. I do have 2 or 3 pairs of size 2's left in his drawer that do actually still fit him. But I think those pairs are made large.

I got some mail today from Evey. Thank you so much for the hotwheels for Sean & Mack.

I also got my last Sundara shipment in the mail from Rhoda. We shared a subscription to the club. We each got 6 skeins, from 12 in total. The pink skein is actually mine, which is Honeyed Hibiscus. The other one, which is actually Rhodas, she had sent me the wrong one. I've emailed her to let her know and she will be mailing my my Blush, and I will be sending her back the orange one, which is Toasted Orange over Pistachio. While very lovely, it's just not my color.

What you've been waiting for! My Rhinebeck haul. 18 skeins. Yep. 18! And I love every last bit of it. I got: 4 Skeins of Black lace from A Touch of Twist. Ella Rae Lace Merino in color 118. 4 Skeins of Ginger Hill Farm in Purple and 2 in Rose. March Hare in Grape Jelly & Ruby Slipper. Holiday Yarns in Winter Green & Plum Shadows. Creatively Dyed in Elegy & Neem. Also a skein of Decadent Fibers in Irish Eyes.

I also got 2 skeins of Regia Design Line 6 ply in my fave color Landscape Fire, in the gift bag from the knitmore girls (podcast). In the gift bag was some tea, a measuring tape & some buttons as well.

From the Ravelry Party lootbag I got a skein of Knitpicks Gloss DK in Doe. In the gift bag were some wool wash samples, a Namaste tote bag, and it all came in a reusebale Ravelry Rhinebeck tote.

Now that I've flashed my Rhinebeck stash (total of 21 balls of yarn including the gifts) I have updates on my grandfather. He woke up in the middle of the night last night and was agitated by the respirator he's on to help him breathe. They gave him some medication to help him sleep so that it's less painful for him. They said his lungs are a bit better today. Late afternoon today they went in for exploratory surgery. They had said it could last 1 - 3 hours depending on what they find. The outcome is that the surgery lasted 3 hours and the prognosis is good. They removed some of his intestines, and the internal bleeding seems to have stopped. He is still critical for the next 48 hours, but it's looking good. Here are some articles that were in the paper today. CTV News. The Montreal Gazette (this one show a graphic image of the accident). Another CTV article (this one has a picture of the 17 year old boy who rescued my grandfather and a picture of my grandfather. The picture of my grandfather was taken at my wedding in 2005). My dad interviewed today by CTV - video clip.

Sean was good at school today. I am so happy. I am hoping it gets better from now on. Mack was really good today too, and didn't even cry at pick up. Usually as soon as he sees me he throws a crying fit. Today, he was all smiles. I am hoping it's going to get easier at morning drop offs for him. It's still a little hard in the morning.

With all that's going on I didn't feel like cooking dinner tonight so I just made leftovers. Sometimes it's just needed. After the kids had dinner it was bath time and then bed time. Jamie is at hockey tonight so I sat down to watch some tv shows and catch up on that. I watched Private Practice from last week as well as Grey's Anatomy. I had started to watch Grey's last week before leaving, but didn't get to finish it last Thurs night. I also watched Friday night's Ugly Betty. It was definitely chick flick night. I worked on finishing up Mack's Best Friend's Birthday Gift. I just need to weave in the ends tomorrow morning before class. It shouldn't take me that long.

3 comments:

Hattie said...

What a great haul! I like the black lace.

Bea said...

Great haul!

Tara said...

Nice loot! That purple Ginger Hill Farm is really scrumptious.