Today I got some work done at home while my sister-in-law took my nephew & son to McDonalds for lunch and to the park to play. It was very helpful and Sean totally enjoyed hanging out with his cousin!
My sister came over late afternoon and helped with some work I had to do, and then my in-laws showed up for dinner and we had some zucchini soup (zucchini from my garden!) and included with the steamed veggies we added some Lincoln Peas and Stringless beans from my garden. Oh my deliciousness! Fresh from the garden. Speaking of my garden, here are some pictures.
I never got around to planting stuff in the patches that didn't take. Well, except for the carrots. But other than that, I didn't have time. Life with a newborn & toddler, eh? Next year. Next year, I plan on re-trying the broccoli, cabbage and onions that didn't take this year. I'm not sure if it's because I planted too early or what. OH! There are about 5 small cucumbers on my cucumber plant! I will take a picture soon. I didn't get a chance to take pictures because I got called back inside the house to a crying Mack.
But I did get time to collect the veggies for steaming for dinner. Here's a shot of just the lincoln peas. I think I ended up collecting a few more than this. Remember as a kid when you used to collect things outside and then put them in your shirt to carry them (like above)? Ahhh, flash backs!
And our third zucchini this size! I took the stats of this one. TWO and a half pounds. 14 inches long and 10 inches around the largest part. CRAZY!!!!! We turned this into zucchini soup for dinner, altering this recipe a little bit.
And our bowl (pre-steamed) of the stringless beans and lincoln peas. Ahh, fresh veggies from my garden. That's the way I like it! Exactly the way I wanted it to be. Go out to the garden, pick stuff and eat it for dinner (or lunch too!)
I am so grateful today that my sister-in-law helped and tired out Sean so that I could get work done and for my sister's help with my work. It was a lot of help, and I thank them both!
Tomorrow we're off to the Biodome to see the Madagascar Exhibit as my nephew is saving up his money to go to Madagascar one day!
- Knit and Purl Mama
- I am a 30-something mom who knits, and takes pictures, a lot. I am a mother to 3 adorable boys, Sean (Dec 2006), Mackenzie (June 2008) & Quentin (Nov 2010). This is my journey through motherhood, photography, the books I read, life in general and knitting, of course. Oh, and other crafts too!
- ► 2012 (206)
- ► 2011 (330)
- ► 2010 (363)
- ► 2009 (367)
- july thirty-one
- july thirty
- july twenty-nine :: 6 weeks old
- july twenty-eight :: 19 months
- july twenty-seven
- july twenty-six
- july twenty-five :: 82 weeks :: 5000th Comment
- july twenty-four
- Cool New Products!
- july twenty-three
- july twenty-two :: five weeks
- july twenty-one
- july twenty
- july nineteen
- july eighteen :: 81 weeks old
- july seventeen :: one month old
- Dear Anonymous
- july sixteen
- july fifteen :: four weeks
- july fourteen
- july thirteen
- july twelve
- july eleven :: 80 weeks old
- july ten
- july nine
- july eight :: three weeks old
- july seven :: was my due date...
- july six
- july five
- july four :: 79 weeks
- july three
- july two
- july one :: 2 weeks old :: Canada Day
- ▼ July (33)
- ► 2007 (410)
- ► 2006 (425)