Sunday, April 02, 2006

Project & Laundry Complete.

Today I didn't get to sleep in - and lost an hour of sleep due to spring forward. I had someone coming at 11 am to look at our apartment upstairs. Odd fellow, (it had been his wife I was talking to on the phone) and he tried to get me to lower the price of my rent. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I can't. Across the street is going for more expensive and he wants me to lower my rent price! No way buddy. I'd find someone who will be willing to pay my price. Taxes went up this year, heating is more expensive, we did renovations, the apartment is in EXCELLENT CONDITION with freshly waxed floors and he wants me to lower my rent? No way. No way. I'll find someone. He didn't even fill out the rental application - he said he'd talk it over with his wife and call me back. And when he got there - he told me he had an appointment with my landlord - I told him I am the landlord - and he was shocked. I bet he was thinking "She's younger than any of my youngest children - what is she doing owning a house?" Lol..

All afternoon I took care of a little tidying in my office, A LOT OF LAUNDRY and my homework. I got my project due tomorrow - my portfolio project - to prove that we can put together a portfolio - but it's done - I don't have to worry about it tomorrow morning before class starts. Tomorrow, all I need to worry about is my HTML project due on Tuesday afternoon. (Which I am not worried about). Wow - tomorrow is week 13 of classes. Then comes week 14 and then week 15. Where did time go? This bring me closer to my trip to Vegas - so I'm no worried, but excited!

After working on my project for a couple of hours, I watched Big Love Episode 2 that I had downloaded. Then I crashed on the couch from 5pm until 7:30pm. Jamie woke me up as dinner was ready - he made chicken wings - which I was going to make - but then feel asleep because of a small headache (too much homework I tell you!) Anyhow, it was super nice of him to make dinner for me, I really appreciated it!

Tonight while watching Sopranos and Big Love on HBO I missed 3 calls from 3 different people regarding our apartment for rent. I decided to change my outgoing message on my voicemail - just so it's clear about the apartment - my voice mail used to just be: "Hi, you've reached Robyn, I can't get to the phone right now, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can". Now it says: "Hi, I can't get to the phone right now, please leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can - If you're calling about the apartment for rent, please leave me your name and number and I will get back to you when I can - thank you - have a nice day". Yeah, a mouth full - but I had to. Don't want potential tenants hanging up on me! There's hope! I plan on calling them all back tomorrow. I am glad that my window signs are getting phone calls. Maybe I won't have to pay to advertise in the Gazette after all. I guess peopel walk around or drive around in the area that they may want to live in - to see if there is anything for rent. I hope someone works out and I sign someone soon. Send me good wishes!

While watching Sopranos, I got my first sock to the point just before I have to close the toe - and I started on my second sock - since I have an extra set of 2.25mm (US size 1) DPN's - and since ribbing I don't have to think about - I started working on that. I have my first couple of rows done, and I need to count to see how much ribbing I did on my first sock (I stupidly didn't write it down) to get both socks even! That would be good now won't it?

I'm having troubles with what to do with my 15 hanks of Noro. Here's the label info:

NORO KABUTO
Colour 22.
50% wool
30% silk
10% alpalca
10% cashmere
50gr
60 meter (which is 65 yards)
13 needle i think
15 then something in an asian/chinese/japanese symbol
6.0 something i don't know
then
6.6mm

I really don't understand the label. I can't match the swatch to any pattern I have, and I can't find a patter online (Even to buy) of something NICE to make for myself. I'd love to make as sweater- since I have enough yarn - I just don't even know where to begin finding a pattern fro it? Any suggestions from anyone?

No comments: