Thursday, October 12, 2006

28 Weeks Pregnant; Third Trimester

So we're into the home stretch... my third trimester! Today marks 12 weeks left until my January 11th due date. The last three months of my pregnancy - months 7 -8 and 9! In honor of my last trimester, I had to take a picture! And of course, I had to do it in my Habs tshirt. (Well, actually it's Jamie's Habs tshirt - because I don't fit into mine for the moment - it's gotten too small. Okay, okay, my belly's gotten too big for it - hee hee!)

Love my red shirt & my pink pants, eh?? I'm soooo fashionable, let me tell you! That's what you get when you just sit around the house - outfits that just don't go - but hey - I love it!

I found this photo on the internet - and I find it weird - but yet cute at the same time. I wonder if I will be able to see my son's foot like that at any point during the rest of my pregnancy. Does it actually happen like that??

Today - I staying in until I went knitting with the girls in the Plateau. I really enjoy going - this is their 2nd meeting in that area so far - and well - my only one complaint is the lack of parking in the area. It takes me more time to find parking than it does to actually get there!


If you look closely, you can see beer on the tables - tonight - instead of having coffees and teas, it was beer! I personally stuck to having a banana milkshake that wasn't as good as I remember it being last time, but it was still good.

Tonight I worked on Jamie's socks. I had promised him that they would be done by October, and well - now it's October! I started them bac in June. I have the first sock done, and I'm now working on sock number two. (Oh - by the way - I finished the baby sweater, can't remember if I mentioned it. I just have to sew up the tops of the sleeves, and block it, and sew on the 2 buttons) I will post pictures as soon as I'm done sewing it up and it's blocked into proper shape!

Jamie's socks started out the evening on my bamboo DPN's - but then I realized that I had my new 12" Addi Turbo's on me, which are the exact same mm. So I moved them over to the 12" circs and boy what a difference:

They are knitting up soooo much faster on the circs than on DPN's. I think I am going to have to get my hands on another pair so I can get more than one sock going at the same time, as well as smaller sizes. The one I have is US2/3mm (For socks I usually use between 2mm and 3mm (even 2.75mm or 2.5mm but I dont think they make circs in those sizes for socks)....! Anyhow, they are just fantastic - let me tell you. I may even be able to knit the wrap & turn heel on the circs without having to go back on the DPN's - which I think may be fantastic - but I have not worked out the logistics of that yet. I don't know if it's even possible. This is my first time knitting socks on circulars.


I had a really good conversation with Kate Gilbert tonight, on doula's and natural birth. She gave me some really good information, tips, and will hopefully be loaning me some books to read up on birthing. I am not sure yet what type of birth I want - I need to start reading up on that stuff, and also speak to my OBGYN to see what his opinion is on things, and what he is open to. I know that the Jewish General has a great birthing center, and it's one of the better hospitals in Montreal to give birth at. I am glad it's conveniently located around the corner from my house. (But I definitely won't be walking there in the middle of January in -40 degree weather!) Thank you Kate for telling me everything you have - I did not think you were rambling at all....! Promise! (I was even a little geeky and showed her my Clapotis - which is her pattern! It's still in progress, but I plan on finishing it THIS YEAR. Before the baby is born!) It's on my list of things to do before baby! I am almost at the decreasing section - so I am glad). Kate approves of the colour I'm making it in - that makes me happy! I can't even remember the last time I worked on it. I know I've worked on it since being pregnant - but other knitting projects have come in the way - and I kind of put it aside. Well - she's back out - and she will get finished! I actually am thinking about using the pattern to make a smaller version - but as a scarf... if I can figure out how to shorten the pattern! (I'm still new to knitting - only been knitting since January of this year - so I'm getting there!) I wonder if it's even possible?

Anyhow, I am going to go plop myself on the couch, watch some tv (I am having problems getting to sleep these days - I think it's more because I'm uncomfortable and no position is comfy to sleep in - so I avoid it as much as possible!) But I will leave you with this:



By this week, your baby weighs a little over 2 pounds and measures about 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can open his eyes -- which now sport lashes -- and he'll turn his head toward a continuous, bright light from the outside. His fat layers are beginning to form, too, as he gets ready for life outside the womb.

No comments: