Sunday, October 29, 2006

I Don't Like Knots

I've been struggling with a knot since last nice. It took me an hour and a half to even get it down to this last knot. The yarn started out in a cake, and then I guess because I used so much of it, it started to cave in, eventually all unravelling (I should have done something to prevent the knotting, but I didn't). Anyhow, I hope to not have to cut the yarn, not that it would be the end of the world, seeing as though it's knit in the round (the tubes for braiding) and it can be joined on the inside and no one would ever have to know. Perhaps I can get it unknotted - that's what I'm hoping for first. But there is ONLY so much I'm willing to try, you know? I'll keep you posted on my progress!

2 comments:

~Jo~ said...

Here's my little tip for knitting with yarn cakes, I knit with the yarn end that is on the outside towards the inside. That way the cake doesn't cave in.

I love to undo knots but in this case I'd just cut the yarn, knot it to a joining piece and knit on, who's gonna know?

K. said...

Knots suck!