Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Hockey Game Knitting

Today, my ex-tenant finally called me and she's supposed to pick up her stuff tomorrow at noon. Let's see if that actually happens. But tomorrow is her LAST straw. If she doesn't come to pick it up, I'm seriously throwing her stuff out. (And giving Karine her 13" TV, which I promised her, if it's unclaimed). I am not a storage facility, and I do not want to keep her stuff in my house anymore. I'm in the middle of preparing Sean's room for his arrival, and just don't want her crap laying around anymore.



Today I took care of almost all the laundry, including washing stuff hand-me-down stuffed rattles and toys for Sean. Those were from his cousin Merlyn, who outgrew those toys long ago! I can't believe Merlyn is turning 4 next month, it's unreal!


Tonight, Jamie and I went to the Habs game. I took some pictures. While I was there, I thought about my Secret Pal, who is not from North America, or even Canada, but is a Habs fan! (She picked the right team!!!) I got a postcard in the mail from her today, she wanted to test to see how long it would take from Europe to my house for regular mail. I think it was pretty quick, seeing as though she emailed me last week to tell me that she mailed something out as a test. The postcard above, is from Finland - the only information I know about my secret pal, and she says that it says "Winter is Coming - Are you Ready?" And on the back side of the postcard she translated the postcard which has some legal mumble jumble (her words exactly!) about that you must always have a reflector while walking in the dark. I think that I will put it on Sean's stroller, to protect us from any cars at night. (Should I be walking at night!) Secret Pal these photos and video footage below - are for you!


GO HABS GO!

Here is proof that knitting came with me to the hockey game!!



And this video - I can't believe I got! It was just fluke that while video-ing, the HABS scored. It was such an incredible game last night. We won, 5-4 and those NINE goals were all scored in the first two periods. There was penalty after penalty and fight after fight. The atmosphere felt like a playoff game! The crowd was intense! The couple sitting next to us, what was funny was that he was wearing a Habs jersey, and she - a Calgary jersey. So they would each be cheering for the opposite team. It was cute.
A baby update according to Pregnancy Weekly:

The good news is that babies born this week, though premature, have an excellent prognosis because their lungs have reached the point (for the most part) of maturity — so you too can breathe a little easier now. Of course, it's still best if a baby doesn't check out of that uterine hotel just yet — there's still a lot of growing and maturing to do over the next 11 weeks .

Good to know! I really hope that my baby doesn't check out of my uterus early, even as much as I want my old clothes to fit again!

So, this weekend is the Rhinebeck, Wool & Sheep Festival in Rhinebeck, NY and I wish I could go! If I didn't already have plans this weekend, I would have made the 4 hour and 45 minute drive down to Rhinebeck according to mapquest.ca. I missed the Vermont Wool & Sheep Festival while in Europe - so I guess there's always next year with a 9-10 month old strapped to my back! Anyone wanna come next year?? Vermont is obviously more reasonable because it's only about a 2 hour drive or so, than to Rhinebeck, almost 5 hours. Very jealous of anyone attending this weekend! If you are attending, be sure to let me know how it was and take lots of pictures!

Alright, I just finished watching Nip/Tuck and I'm zonked. Bed time! (And thanks to the body pillow that my mother loaned me - I am sleeping soooooo much better at night!)

1 comment:

K. said...

I totally think that we should plan a road trip for next year! So much fun could be had!