Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Oh Baby Registries

Today, I woke up at 8 am - out of bed, no alarm - nothing. I even had my alarm set for 8:55 am, which would have given me enough time to move my car to the other side of the road (for street cleaning) so that I wouldn't get a ticket. If you are even 1 minute late, the city is there - writing tickets. I kid you not. I ate breakfast, checked on my laundry, and then eventually when it was 8:55 am, woke up Sherrie (my friend in from Boston) to move her car to the other side of the road, so that she wouldn't get a ticket either.

We eventually got our act together, and she came with me to do some errands before heading back to Boston. I needed cat food, the bank, Rona for a new tubmat, the dollar store for Clorox (they sell it cheaper than the pharmacy does! Only 1$) and then I needed to drop off some material at my uncle's shop for my cousin, and pick up a new contact lens. From there, Sherrie and I went to go meet my sister for lunch, at my fave pizza joint - Tasty Foods, and I treated them both to lunch. Lunch was delicious.

After lunch, Sherrie headed back to Boston, and I went to Walmart to pick up a few items, and also to start a baby registry. I spent nearly 2 hours in Walmart, trying to figure out what to put on said registry. What baffles me - is the fact that Walmart.ca does not support registries, where Walmart.com in the USA does for their clientele.... I don't even know how much I put onto the registry, because I can't check it online at home. I need to go back to Walmart anyhow to do a return, so the next time I am in there I will print out my registry and see what is going on with that. I hope it's sufficient for people who will be attending my baby shower. I have no idea if baby registeries have been done by previous family members?? Who knows...! I guess I will find out if anyone buys baby Sean anything on there. Right??

I picked up a copy of The Little Mermaid - It came out today on DVD. It's been in the Disney Vault forever. The copy I have - the previous version on DVD - I paid like 75$ for it - since it was in the Disney Vault for so long, it wasn't a demand, and someone thought that someone else would buy it for that much - and they were right. I really wanted it - and was willing to pay whatever for it. It wasn't even in the best condition, so I don't even know what possessed me to buy it for that price! It's one of my FAVE movies ever.

Tonight, Jamie and I chilled on the couch, there wasn't much on, so I knitted and he watched that new show Friday Night Lights, and then we watched some Law & Order. I just just finished watching Nip/Tuck from tonight, boy does that show get sicker and sicker each week - but this week wasn't too bad at all.... next week's looks messed up - gotta love "scenes from the next" to keep you wanting more!

Bed time!

No comments: