Sunday, October 29, 2006

I Can Conquer Knots

Today has been the windiest, craziest, stormiest, ickiest day ever. I just wanted to cuddle up on the couch and knit all day. (Which is kind of what I did do all day). Upon getting in from breakfast, (we met Jamie's dad, stepmom, sister & nephew for breakfast), I worked on finishing untangling my nasty knot - and I did succeed. I am very happy about that. No cutitng involved. No needing to re-join yarn. It just all worked out. Finally got that nasty nasty knot out.

This afternoon Jamie and I watched the movie Lucky Number Slevin. I really enjoyed this Drama/Thriller and definitely recommend it. I think Lucy Liu is just the cutest!

I worked on the Woven Trellis today - it's coming along great. I am about 66 inches into the first 90 inch tube. It's coming, it's coming. It's a lot of knitting in the round and a lot of moving the needles around for only 5 stitches on one DPN and 4 stitches on the 2nd DPN. It's getting to be a little repetative, and I'm only on the first of six tubes. The next tube I knit, I'm incorporating a 2nd yarn into it, so it will hopefully be a little more interesting. I'll take some updated pictures tomorrow.

I started watching the >Lword Season 1. I have Season 1 and season 2 on DVD. I've been watching Ugly Betty recently on Thursday nights and wondered where I have seen the character Daniel Meade before, and it just dawned on me - The Lword! Actor Eric Mabius, has been on The OC as the Dean, and Lword as Tim (still currently on it) and as well, Daniel Meade on Ugly Betty - one of the main characters. You see, I've seen the Lword before, part of season 1 anyhow. And then I didn't know what happened to it, and couldn't find it on tv, so I forgot about it. I've borrowed it on DVD, so I'm going to watch it, season 1 & 2, and I'm currently downloading season 3 off the internet. Season 4 starts January 7th, 2007, but I'm not sure on what station. I'll have to look into it. Showcase maybe? Even though it's a show about lesbians, the acting is good, and I like some of the actresses, and well it's just a really well done show. Storylines are very interesting!

I also wrote a lot of thank you cards today, and just have 3 more to write, which I'll do tomorrow morning before walking over to the mailbox to mail them off. Efficient is how I want to stay. Why send them out at leisure, when you can get them written and mail off and then you don't have to think about it anymore.

I think I may have pulled a muscle in my legs, both of them, in the same spot. It hurts and I can't figure out how I pulled a muscle in that spot. I can't even describe the feeling - but it's right where the leg meets the torso, kinda in the "private" area. I am not sure how I managed to get sore there - but I'm hoping that prenatal aqua will help those muscles tomorrow.

2 comments:

K. said...

I think you're stretched/pull muscle is an excellent reason/pretext to go out and get a massage! A little spoiling of te mother is in order here people!

Unknown said...

I really enjoy The L Word :) I got into it in season 2.. don't know if I've ever seen season 1, actually! Definitely a well done show - though it got a bit dark and weird at times in season 3....