Sunday, July 23, 2006

Tam Tam Jam

This morning I got woken up at about 10:30 am, by my sister-in-law ringing my bell. They had arrived from Beauce, to drop off my nephew, as he'll be staying with us for 2 weeks. (Mainly with us, but staying a few nights at Nana & Zayda's house as well). You see, I was tired getting up, because knowing my hubby was getting home late last night, I tried staying up for a bit (I hate being in bed alone with no one home), and I was only able to make it up til about 3:30 am. Jamie came in last night at about 4:40am, but with good reason! He came in first place in a poker tournament amongst friends and their co-workers, and won 80$! (They were 7 guys, at 20$ a piece, with first prize 80$, second prize 40$ and third prize money back (20$)). So because he won, I didn't mind him staying out THAT late! I couldn't believe how long the game took! (They were 7 guys, at 20$ a piece, with first prize 80$, second prize 40$ and third prize money back (20$)). So because he won, I didn't mind him staying out THAT late! I couldn't believe how long the game took!


So as my SIL promised her son, and her ex's daughter (she came in with her ex and his daughter as well), we went to Tam Tam's (which is held at Mount Royal every Sunday during the Montreal summer), with a picnic lunch of McDonalds (as per request of the kids). I had no issues as I was craving cheeseburger anyhow!

By 2pm, it was crowded with dancers, drummers, etc.
Merlyn, my almost 4 year old nephew (he'll be 4 in November),
decided that he had to take off his shoes and play in the mud:


His cute little feet all dirty:




Then it was time for some dancing, so this really nice man gave Merlyn a music thingy (not sure what it's called) to play with. As you can see, the instrument has been modified with shakers taped on to each side:


After leaving Tam's (thank goodness for the wonderful Montreal day today, we stopped at Dairy Queen for some ice cream, which Merlyn of course got all over his face. Next stop was home, where I napped for about an hour, (headache/overtired). Then my in-law's came over for a BBQ dinner, and then we bathed the muddy and dirty Merlyn, and set him up in our den (his bed, his things) and put on some Caillou, and now he's fast asleep. Tomorrow brings a whole new day, who knows what's in store. Jamie and I just finished watching tonight's episode of Big Brother (which we taped) and I did some laundry, and now it's time for bed. Hopefully Merlyn will sleep in a bit longer these days than he used to, and tomorrow will be a nice day (calling for 40% showers) but maybe we can go swimming at my parents house.

No comments: