Friday, December 08, 2006

Knitting Lazy Day

Recently, I made a big decision that I never thought would actually happen - This year, I’m not sending out Holiday Cards. No Christmas. No Chanukah. No Happy Holidays. I’ve always been big into written, paper/pen communication. I’m a big letter writer, card sender, and thank-you note giver. That’s why it surprised me when it peacefully occurred to me a few weeks ago that I wouldn’t be sending a batch of cards out this year. It just feels right. And I’m learning to listen to my intuition. I think I don’t want to send them out because I wonder if anyone will miss them. I’m curious as to whether I too, will miss the process. So I’m just going to sit this one out. It feels right. But it feels kind of weird, too. I never get any back, and well, why send out when no one ever says anything about getting them, etc. Maybe I'll send out next year with pictures of Sean... but for now, this year, I'm sitting this one out.

Today, I slept in until 12:30pm again. I watched Sopranos Season 4 (I'm half way through season 4 now) and I worked on catching my sock up to Jamie's. I'm back to being caught up now. I caught up, and then knitted 10 rows on Jamie's sock more, so now I've got to knit 10 more in mine to catch up! Hee hee... The joys of knitting 2 pairs of socks at once. This way no one complains!


After the 2x2 ribbing I did, I'm doing now a two row pattern repeat. Row 1: knit. Row 2: [k3, p1] repeat to end.

The picture above was scanned in my scanner. I didn't want to take out my camera and then have to deal with my retarded card reader, so I scanned it. Now it looks flat! Anyhow! Next progress report, I'll photograph it and not be lazy!

Tonight we had my in-law's over for dinner and poker. Some friends came for poker. The usual suspects.

What else is going on today? Last night I finished Not Buying It. To be honest, I was very disappointed with that book. It had some good ideas, but not what I was expecting out of it. I picked my next book to read, I'm going to start reading Confessions of a Super Mom by Melanie Lynn Hauser.

Tomorrow, I have lunch with my husband's mother and her wife.

No comments: