Wednesday, September 12, 2007

September 12 of 30

Sometimes Sean gets very serious and won't smile. (I can eventually get him to smile, but I'm wondering what the heck he's thinking about, that gets him so serious!?)

Don't you just love his sweater pockets? They're mittens! And no, I didn't knit this sweater, it's from the Gap. Too bad, it's gorgeous, and I'd love to take credit for it! Maybe I can figure out how to design mitten pockets for a future sweater.

This morning we met Angela and we spent the day with her. We went for lunch to my fave Greek place Marathon's as Angela had never eaten there before, and well, that's just not right. Every Montrealer must try out Marathons at least once!

Upong arriving home from work, Jamie brought with him the Skein Winder that my father built for me. This is the neatest thing ever. Must thank my dad four hundred times over. Check this out:

Skein winder on your bottom right, and my (now broken) swift behind it. (Don't worry, nothing a little wood glue can't fix!)

Me skeining yarn. Oh - and the reason these photos are in black & white - because that's a skein of the September Sock Club yarn on my skein winder. Can't show you the colors yet.

I am in love with my new toy. Oh, I'm going to have some fun re-skeining the sock club kits for September. (Some of them needed to be re-skeined, as the dyer didn't have time to re-skein them all).

Also - this toy will be a lot of fun to use when I start dying up my own yarns. I'm in the progress of thinking about it, have some dyes already, and some yarn too - so that will be a lot of fun, I hope! But, need to figure out a dying set-up, so until I get organized, that will be on hold.

Tonight we went over to my in-laws for supper for the first night of Rosh Hashanah. It was a lot of fun and I think I ate way too much. Tomorrow we have lunch at Jamie's cousin's house and then dinner at my aunt & uncle's place. (Then one more dinner at Jamie's aunt & uncle's on Friday night). Busy busy holidays!

I started reading the book The Booster by Jennifer Solow. I had seen this interview on KnitPastis' blog and was interested in checking out the book. So far, it's alright. I'm about 50 or so pages into the book (read some before falling asleep last night - went to bed early again!) To be honest, I'm not so sure the book flows great, but I'll give it a chance. I'll keep you updated on what my opinion of this book is.

5 comments:

Ali P said...

LOVE your new toy. I actually have a big tangle of yarn I dyed that is begging to be skeined. I had wrapped it the length of my dining room table and tied it in places so it wouldn't tangle (much) and now its dyed but in this uber long hank that is waaaaaaaay to big for my swift..!? DOH! ;oP

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty nifty skein winder. Do you think your dad would be willing to make another one (for me)?
Does it come apart for easier storage?
Can't wait to get my new sock club sock yarn!

Drea said...

awe I love that sweater!!! u find the cutest things

Drea said...

awe I love that sweater!!! u find the cutest things

g-girl said...

hey, your dad could go into business selling skein winders! The one he made for you is awesome! Love Sean's sweater--I had wondered if you had secretly knit one up for him!