Wednesday, September 24, 2008

september twenty-four

When I woke up this morning to my alarm I was a little bit confused. Mack slept through the night, and I got up before him with the alarm. I am not complaining though, as he slept He did wake up when I was changing Sean and was in a good mood. We gave him a bottle and was still drinking it when I left to take Sean to daycare.

This morning's drop off was harder than yesterday. He realized where he was. He was easily distracted though by toys. I was able to sneak out, but there was some crying. I started talking to another mother who has a 2 year old in Sean's class. She has a 2 month old, and she said that they need 5 names to start a 12-18 month class at the daycare. Hmm, I may be interested - we'll see. She also asked me about playgroup and I may be interested in starting up a 2nd playgroup with other people, for a change of scenery. I got her info and I told her I'd be in touch. And she did tell me that (in regards to the crying), that it gets easier.

This morning I had Aqua Strollers with Mack. The towel idea worked great. I put a hand towel sized one in front of him to help him stay propped up in the floating device. He did have a life jacket behind him propping him up from behind. No fussing from him today while in the pool, which is great.

After aqua, I picked up my mom and met another mom from playgroup at the movies. Mack enjoyed (fast asleep) his first movie with one of his friends. We saw My Best Friend's Girl. It was cute, funny and very vulgar!

Picking up Sean from daycare, he saw me, started crying and ran to me. I was with my mom and he couldn't decide who to cling to. (My mom and I look alike and he spends a lot of time with my mom (and dad) so he's very clingy to my mom as well. They said that he cried off and on all morning, was easily distracted by the toys, he LOVED playing outside, he didn't eat breakfast as he was too upset, and ate lunch while crying, but napped (without fuss!) for the 3 hours from 12-3, falling asleep super easily! Wow! I'm impressed and very happy.

This evening I headed out with Mack, my sister & her friend Julie to the Laval Knit Night. I had 2 deliveries to make and wanted to meet the girls. The cafe we were in was really nice, inside a book store. In the picture above you have (left to right) Nathalie, Sandra & Audrey. I worked on a square on the blanket and on another project after that. It was great to get out of the house. Marie-Michèle was there with her 5 month old son Albert as well.

We started decorating the house for Halloween. I'm getting some more stuff tomorrow (from my mother who has leftover stuff (in great condition) from when I was a kid, so I didn't buy too much today. I'm starting to get very excited for Halloween. I should go outside in the backyard tomorrow to check on my pumpkin. I keep forgetting to see what's doing with it.

7 comments:

inukshuk71 said...

My goodness, you had a busy day! No wonder you were so sleepy by the time we left. We had a look at the upstairs of the café and there was no nook, just chairs and tables. Hope to see you next time and further our acquaintance with you and your posse ;-) Good luck with your deadlines!

Amelah said...

Hope you enjoyed the movie!
I am sure it will get easier with Sean! He will have fun :)

K. said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww those sons of yours are too adorable!

Jenny said...

It does get easier dropping them off. I would say it was about 3 weeks of daycare before Chloe happily went in without incident and didn't mope about at all during the day. Now she loves day care and runs in and starts playing right away. I barely get a Bye mom!

Tara said...

I'm really sorry I missed knit night last night (no, REALLY!). Sounds like it was loads of fun.

g-girl said...

sorry to hear his second day was a bit harder. he's a smart cookie to realize so quickly that daycare was a place where he stays and you go! it will definitely get easier for him. it just takes time.

Bea said...

sounds like a good day. I'm sure Sean will get used to the daycare in no time. He seems like an easy going kid once he's comfortable.