Friday, February 20, 2009

february twenty

I had a super long morning this morning Sean was in a terrible two mood and was out of control with his temper. He didn't want to listen/obey and was dumping out drawers in my bedroom, in the kitchen and dumped out the toys in his bins in the playroom. It took us 2 hours to get out of the door so that I could bring Sean to daycare. I couldn't keep him home today as Mack had a music class this afternoon that I was not bringing Sean to.

After dropping off Sean at daycare I ran over to my nutritionist, and this week I'm down 2 lbs, which brings me to a total of 11.4 lbs lost. Fridays she does my measurements and this week I lost 6.5 inches over all (she measures my neck, my shoulders, my bust line, my ribs (under my underwire), 2 fingers above my belly button, 2 fingers below my belly button, my waist, my hips, my thigh, my calf, my ankle, my arm.... I'm probably forgetting something). In total that brings me to 16.7 inches lost over all. (I think it's something ike 3-4 inches off my waist so far!) I'm very happy with my progress!! It's super freakin' hard, but if I don't lose the baby weight now, I'm toast. This weight loss so far has brought me back to pre-Mack weight. I just now need to get to pre-Sean weight. I know I can do it. I just need to stay motivated to do so. And by going to the nutritionist 3 times per week (Monday-Wednesday-Fridays usually), I have that kick in the arse to stay motivated and all that jazz...

Right after lunch Mack had his music class with his friends. Today we were only 3 of us though. One mom & baby won't be able to come anymore, 1 was at home with her sick older one, so she couldn't come with her daughter and another had a luncheon with her in-law for something business related, so there was just 3 of us. There will be more girls joining us in March once they're back from holiday with their babies. I believe there is 3 of 4 other moms. It'll be fun once it's a nice size group.

Mack thought his friend Dylan's shoe was yummy. That shoe made the rounds of being chewed on. (Gross!) Babies! LOL. They'll put anything in their mouth.

The 3 boys at music today. We had fun regardless the few of us.

Mack settled on a maraca today. He's majorly teething, so I apologized to the music teacher for the drool on it afterwards. Though, he did play with it in the way you're supposed to - and found it amusing that it made noise when he shook it. I'll have to fix the maracas that we have at home (Sean broke one of the two we have from a set).

After music I headed to the mall. I was looking for jeans for Mack. I ended up getting him some at Gap, though only because I had a gift certificate. The pants were 26.50$ for 6-12 months size. Holy Crap! There was another style on liquidation, though they only had 0-3 and 3-6 month size. While the waist on the 3-6 months size is perfect for him, the length is way too short. I ended up finding a pair of pants that I was in love with for myself, however I couldn't justify the 59.99$ price tag. After Gap I went to Old Navy and ended up finding FOUR pairs of pants for less than the price of the ONE at Gap.

After doing that bit of shopping Mack fell asleep in the stroller, so I was a tad hungry so I headed for the food court. I came across Chop Crazy, where you make your own salad. I'd never eaten there before, but it was freakin' delicious. I'd definitely have their food again if I was in the mall for a meal. I was very impressed.

It was really nice to walk around the mall and have no one holding me back from going into a store or slowing me down. I went at my own pace and really enjoying just being there with Mack. I walked the entire mall from one end to the other, enjoying the walk. I should do that more often. (Though window shopping can be bad!!)

I ran to Reno Depot afterwards as I had broken my drill bit last night and needed a new one. Jamie didn't have anymore on the tool bench in the garage, so I had to get a new one. I get so lost in hardware stores, but managed to find what I needed and get out pretty quickly today.

I decided to stroll around the grocery store before picking up Sean from daycare to figure out dinner. I ended up picking up veggies to steam (broccoli & green beans) as well as Tilapia for our meal. I enjoy walking around the fresh fish/meat section and pick up whatever looks good to prepare for dinner. Sometimes I plan dinner in advance, and other times I just go with what looks good.

Today Sean had a very good day at daycare. We've been waking him up at 7 am sharp for the last 3 mornings and it's working like a charm to get him to nap at daycare when it's actually nap time, and not for him to only fall asleep an hour before nap time is over. So we'll be sticking with this 7 am wakeup from now on. I don't care that he'll only be getting 11 hours of sleep instead of 12 hours as long as he naps in the afternoons properly. What I'm wondering is if 12 hours of sleep was too long at night, and that's why he wasn't napping at daycare properly. Well, the past 3 days this works, so we'll stick to what works thank you!

Tonight was a chill night, so I got some knitting on the couch done. We caught up on some Lost & Damages once the kidlets went to bed. Just a quiet evening chez nous - much needed.

4 comments:

Bea said...

Definitely stick with what works for Sean's naps. I'm sure the teacher will thank you!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good day! I love then I have time to just stroll and not be in a hurry. It seems rare lately.

Tara said...

I need to check out Old Navy soon. All my Spring and Summer stuff is too big now!

g-girl said...

sorry to hear that sean was in a terrible 2 mood this morning. congrats on the weight loss and the lost inches!! keep it up! :)