Thursday, April 02, 2009

april two

I did a lot of work today. I want to get the Mini Skein of the Month club out early, as with Passover & Easter coming up, I wanted to make sure it was out and on it's way to it's new owners before the holidays. The holidays are busy in our household, as we celebrate both Passover & Easter. I wind each mini skein by hand, and it takes a long time to wind the mini skeins. With 20 members in the club, and 10 mini skeins each, it takes a LONG time to wind 200 mini skeins.

Here's a sneak peak at the April Mini Skein Club shipment. They are so yummy I just want to roll around in it. (I'm not going to of course, but I do want to... hee hee!)

I’ve listed the next Mini Skein Club, which will run May-June-July. (The current club will end before the new one ships, so it’s not overlapping).You will get 10 mini skeins per month, approx. 5g with 20+ yards per mini skeins. They will all be handdyed. There will be a limit of 20 spots, so it’s very limited, come on by here to check them out before they’re sold out! This club is for those whom are making the Mitered Square Blankets.

Mack was very good today while I was doing my work, and he is very good playing by himself or entertaining himself. He also took 2 really nice naps today, I'm not complaining. He has his cranky momments but otherwise, he's a really good baby. We're really blessed. Especially with him cutting a tooth! Knock on wood, but Sean started waking up during the middle of the night when he started cutting teeth in his 8th month. Mack's now 9 and a half months old, and not waking up during the night, (hopefully it'll stay with him sleeping through the night).

Tonight for dinner we tried a new kind of fish, and I made a Pangasius filet. It was actually very nice. Threw on some spices and baked it in the oven for 22 minutes. Threw some veggies into our steamer, and voila... dinner! I've been eating so healthy lately, if I don't hit the 20 lbs lost mark soon, I don't know what's wrong with me! Seriously!

This evening after we put the kids to bed, Jamie & I watched the Habs game and what a fabulous game it was tonight, we won 5-1 against the New York Islanders (the worst team in our division in 15th spot), bringing us up into the 7th playoff spots from the 8th (top 8 teams of the conference move on). It also helps that Carolina won 4-2 over the New York Rangers, helping us secure that 7th spot. The Rangers are now in 8th position right behind us, by 1 point. The team above us, is the Pittsburgh Penguins and they're only 2 points ahead of us... there's always a chance we can catch up (if we win more, and they lose some!)... In any case, I'm very excited to go to the Habs game Monday night with my sister! I will get to work some more on my Go Habs Go Socks. Though, tonight, I worked on my step-mother-in-law's vest... so close....!

6 comments:

g-girl said...

look at all that yarn! pangasius? i'll have to google that. i haven't heard that kind of fish before.

Amelah said...

wow i would love to see that yarn pic in color lol!! Fun fun!

Mackie is priceless! Then again, so is Sean!

Hmm you think I would like that kind of fish?

Bea said...

Yummy yummy yarn.

Craftlover said...

If I live nearby your place, I would definitely love to give you a hand on winding these mini skeins.

(I think I love to do that.. :D )

pahkcah02 said...

Congrats on clinching the #7 spot in the divison - that's pretty amazing! Of course, the Bruins are #1, but #7 isn't bad either.... :).

Tara said...

You're doing so great on your healthy eating plan, Robyn! I've been relying mostly on exercise, but I think that may have plateaued, because I haven't lost anything in a month!