Sunday, May 10, 2009

may ten :: 123 weeks old

Sean is 123 weeks old today.

This morning started off with the boys sleeping in! Mack slept in until 7 am. This is honestly one of the best mother's day gifts ever! Seriously! It's been a while that I could sleep in until 7 am! I'm totally loving it! The boys picked the right day to sleep in. Maybe it's because they went to bed a lot later than normal last night? Even Sean slept in until 9:30 am! And he was dry! (He's been waking up wet almost every morning despite measures to keep him dry over night. We don't give him as much milk before bed anymore, and he goes to pee (if he can) before bed on the potty, and we change his diaper RIGHT before he goes into bed for the night... so I can't understand why all of a sudden now he's waking up wet most mornings. (Soaking right through his diaper). Though he did make in the potty upon getting up. Not sure where this is all coming from if he's limited to what he drinks before bed?

This morning I got 2 cards. One from my kids and one from Jamie. I got a very generous gift card from my kids to Chapters. I have a list of books (knitting & fiction) that I want to order, or I'll be placing that shortly!

I love these two (above & below) pictures of Jamie with Sean. Too Cute.

Mr. Mack was as cute as ever. As usual.

He does this shy flirting thing these days. He likes to tilt his head or put his head down in a shy flirtatious attempt. Whatever it is, it's cute.

This afternoon upon returning home from brunch, Jamie's mom and her wife came over to see the boys. It was nice to come home to just see them, and not a whole slew of people. At brunch there was a lot more people than expected (which I was not expecting) and my in-laws sat at the other side of the table, and it just wasn't meaningful anymore. I didn't get to say two words to my step-mother-in-law or even my father-in-law. I was just expecting them, and my step-MIL's daughter, her husband and their 12 year old (her birthday is today!) But, Jamie's step-sister's husband's mother was there, and Jamie's step-sister's step-mother was there too (the woman who married my step-mother-in-law's ex husband (who has since passed away) plus my step-mother-in-law's brother and his wife were there too, as well as my my step-mother-in-law's late's brother's wife. I hope I haven't lost you there, but yeah, it was way more people than expected, and while I love all these people (we're close enough with my step-mother-in-law's family) I wanted mother's day to just be immediate family and not have to sit 10 people away at a table from my step-mother-in-law & father-in-law, whom we were coming to see to celebrate mother's day.

After Jamie's mother's visit (who actually suprisingly gave me a "daughter-in-law's mother's day card"), the boys took a nap, thank heavens at the same time. I took a look at what I had to do with the laundry, as it's just EVERYWHERE. So yeah, I did do some laundry on mother's day, the laundry is just endless unfortunately. Will it just end please?? I really just want the laundry to end.

Mack's 5th tooth cut through today, hopefully that will help in him being less cranky these days.

Tonight we had dinner at my parents house for mother's day. All my grandparents (dad's parents and my mom's mom) were there. It was nice. We had a BBQ, but of course I had fish. Honestly, I think I'm all fished out. I don't know how much more fish I can eat (even though it's one of the healthiest meals ever....) I really want to kick the last handful of pounds.... I must rid of them. MUST! Before I go crazy! (And before summer).

This evening upon getting in from my parents house, I plopped myself on the couch and watched Desperate Housewives, Bones, and House and worked on my step-mother-in-law's vest, which I was hoping to get to her by today, but that just didn't happen unfortunately. She's out of town as of Thursday for about a week, so I will make sure she gets it done after her return.

Our cat Jazz seems a little fragile as of this weekend. He's taking stairs one at a time now, when he usually flies up the stairs. I'm hoping it's just old age as he is around 16 years old. (Jamie got him at 17 when he moved out and he's 33 and a half now, but has no idea when Jazz's birthday is or anything unfortunately, just that he got him when he moved out right after high school which was before he turned 18 and has had him since). I hope it's just old age.

I leave you with this cute poem:

MOTHERS

Real Mothers don't eat quiche;
They don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils
Are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors,
Filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried play dough
Doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what
The vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?'
And get their answer when a little
Voice says, 'Because I love you best.'

Real Mothers know that a child's growth
Is not measured by height or years or grade...
It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!
8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!
12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.
14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.
16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.
18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!
25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it!
35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.
45 YEA RS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?
65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair.

The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes,
Because that is the doorway to her heart,
The place where love resides.
The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole,
but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul.
It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she
shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!

5 comments:

Bea said...

Happy Mothers Day!

kimber said...

I am glad you had a good Mother's Day! Mack is too cute with that smiley head tilt thing he does!

Amelah said...

Happy Mother's Day!
The boys are too cute, as always! Can;t believe how grown up Sean is!

g-girl said...

sounds like you had a nice mother's day. i love the pic of sean and jamie where sean is giggling! too cute. :) maybe next year mother's day can be a bit more intimate.

Tara said...

I admit, you totally lost me with the extended family description! lol