Monday, July 27, 2009

july twenty-seven

This morning one of the ladies from the Montreal Knitting Guild came and picked up the rest of the Traveling Stash bag yarn. I had put some aside from the stash bag for Charity Knitting. I had emailed the guild to ask who does charity knitting and someone answered me almost immediately. I'm glad that there will be some charity knitting out of the stash bag. I wish I had time to do more charity knitting. Maybe when my knitting time is not so precious. Some days I don't even get to knit a stitch. Hopefully when the boys are older I'll have time to do more charity knitting. It's on my list of things I want to do.

After the yarn was picked up, I dropped off Sean at daycare. Then I went by to see Eugenie, as she lives really close by. She is making the Featherweight Cardigan and needed another skein of Malabrigo Lace. It's so delicious, that I want to make a Featherweight Cardigan myself. (Adding it to the other 600+ projects I want to knit!)

After visiting Eugenie, I picked up my mother and she came with me to run a bunch of errands. First stop, we went by Veronik Avery's house. She just got in the Premier issue of St-Denis Yarn Magazine, and I had a couple of special orders for it, and I wanted a copy for myself.

If you're interested in a copy of this magazine, please message me or leave a comment.
The 16 patterns in it are just simply divine.

I even got my copy autographed by Veronik herself.
I had her sign my fave pattern in the issue, which is by her!

Next stop was to my uncle's glasses shop, where I got my 2 current pairs of glasses that I wear adjusted/tightened and tried on the new "Ugly Betty" glasses that he got in stock.

Had lunch with my mom, ran some more errands, and then picked up Sean early from daycare.

I couldn't find Sean a blue watch (could have sworn I'd seen Diego blue ones at Dollarama, but now that I need one, can't find one anywhere...) but I did find this red Iron Man one from Dollarama today. I figured, for his first watch, since he destroys everything, a simple toy watch (it actually works though) from Dollarama would do the trick. I still wish I could find him a blue one... I'll have to keep hunting. I guess if I pass by a Dollarama in this city, that I haven't been in yet, I'll pop in to look to see if they have one. Dang it! But he loves his red watch. He's so proud to have one, it's adorable.

Jamie had inventory at work and then a ball game. I was on my own tonight with both kids. Mack was a pleasure to put to bed tonight, as always, but Sean threw his fit again today. He was screaming on the top of his lungs, kicking the wall between his room and Mack's room with his feet. Sometimes, he's just so stubborn and difficult. Sometimes I wonder if it's terrible two's or his father's temper...

I got nothing done tonight... and had a list of things I wanted to do. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to do those things I wanted to get done.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute glasses! I'm wanting a new pair.

Bea said...

He looks so cute with the new watch! So quickly they grow up. Next he'll want to know how to tell what time it is.

g-girl said...

wow! I just looked @ the patterns that are in that mag you picked up. I'd be interested in one (if you have any left!). so you didn't find a blue watch..there'll be millions of blue watches in his lifetime. :)

Tara said...

Are you going to be carrying St-Denis yarns in the shop?