Friday, August 28, 2009

august twenty-eight :: 32 months old

Sean is 32 months old today.

I swear I have cabin fever. Being at home for a couple of days with 2 sick cranky kids is not fun. Can I say that I'm looking forward to both of them at daycare next week? Mack's starting on Tuesday, and I'm glad Sean will get to go back and play with his friends and play outside and kick soccer balls and get out all the energy that he has bottled up inside of him being sick at home. Daycare does the soul good! For both of us!

I made muffins today. It's been ages since I've baked. These beauties are blueberry and were absolutely delicious. Though, I cannot find my 2 blue silicone spatulas and I'm wondering where Sean hid them. Both of them are gone. (Package of 2). I'm certain he ran around the house with them while I wasn't looking. That's just what Sean does! I needed at least one of those two spatulas for my baking this morning. I'm so upset that I can't find any of the two.

My in-laws came for dinner tonight. My sister stopped by too and ended up having dinner with us as well. After everyone left Jamie and I watched 2 episodes of Dexter. We're addicted to this show! It's so beyond messed up! I didn't realize that Monk started a few weeks ago. This is awesome - now I have a bunch of them to catch up on. I'm sad that it's the last season of Monk though. The show is kooky but I love it.

I got some wonderful mail today:

A nice package from Maureen.
She sent crayons for the kids, colored goldfish for the kids as well (since we can't get them here in Canada) and some leftover sock yarn scraps for my blanket. And some gum for me.
Thank you Maureen!

And a wonderful package from Evelyn.
(The yarn is Koigu Color #P114, a WIP holder and some crayons for the boys - I'm currently collecting crayons to fill their crayon jar with!) Thank you so much Evelyn!

I also got my 9" Hiya's in the mail today and I cannot wait to try them out.

Today, this Medicator by Munchkin saved my life. I totally forgot I even had one. I used it to give Mack his medicine and he drank his medication in like 10 seconds flat. Why on earth did I not think about this sooner? I've been struggling for 2 days now trying to get his medication down. I recommend this item to any mother who has to give their child medication. And my sons don't even use pacifiers and it worked just as well. (My boys were never really into the suss thing - as much as I've tried to get them to like the suss). This thing makes my life so much easier, and I don't have to struggle anymore. Love it. This mommy approves!

3 comments:

Bea said...

Love the medicine giver. That is just an awesome idea.

Tara said...

Wow, how cool is that thing? I wish I'd known about this when the kids were younger! It would have been a life-saver.

g-girl said...

i'm SO glad you won the medicine war! lol. that thing is pretty cool.