Friday, May 14, 2010

05.14.10 :: Yarn P0rn Friday

For today’s edition of Yarn P0rn Friday, I am going to show off the yarn that I dyed up in British Columbia. I had a bunch of yarn remaining in the house, and wasn’t sure what I was going to do with it – and so I decided to make it as one of our activities while in B.C. The girls had a lot of fun. I also had a ton of dyes that I had no idea what I was going to do with, so this was the perfect opportunity. We had named them while I was in B.C. but I cannot for the life of me remember what their names are (except for maybe one). However, I’d like for you guys to name them for me! Please leave a comment if you have any good names, for the 3 different colorways.

pinkrasp
Colorway 1 – a nice pink/raspberry shade – very tonal

2tone
Colorway 2 – a 2 tone purpley shaded duo

4skeins
And colorway 3 – 4 skeins of a rich indigo color that is hinted with some purple –
these are more solid than semi or tonal

Hoping you guys can help me name them!
For these skeins I used a Louet Gems Fingering natural (undyed) base.
50g each (185 yards).

mult
I have some progress to show you on my Multnomah. I have just a few rows left before I hit the feather & fan border. I should get to that point over the weekend. So far, it’s a super easy knit.

Tonight the kids went to my parents to have a sleepover. We had originally had plans with some of Jamie’s ex-co-workers but plans got changed at last minute unfortunately. We were really looking forward to seeing them. So instead, Jamie & I went out for a really nice dinner to a restaurant we’d never been to before (Elixor = a little pricey) and then to see the movie Iron Man 2. All I have to say is Robert Downey Jr. especially in Iron Man… oh baby. Woah! Hot! I’m not usually into comic book/action figure/hero movies, but after seeing Iron Man (1) and being asked if we could go see the 2nd movie, I agreed, only because of Robert Downey Jr…… *giggle* It’s been a while since we’ve been to a movie in the theatre together (I can’t remember the last time). Date night was absolutely appreciated.

A little link love for today:
- This ring.
- Love this photo.
- This mini Camera-Gurumi.
- This USB Tape Hub is neat! I like gadgets like this!
- Some more hot Robert Downey Jr.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

I agree with you on Robert Downey Jr. yum!

Dawn said...

The yarn looks delicious. I love the purple 2 tone. Yum!

Kerry said...

The yarn looks great Robyn! I can't wait to see what you knit it into. I'm sure it will be spectacular!

The more you knit on your Multnomah the more I love it!

Bea said...

I cannot remember at all what we called them. Wow. I'll think about this. I thought we had a couple good names too. Dammit. It'll come to me.

Amelah said...

Funky ring! But very pricey eh!!

Aw that is the ferris wheel i like, none of those new ones that spins while the entire wheel spins!!!

Love the USB tape!!! Cute!!

Yummy yarn...hmm names eh...

Multnomah is looking good!!

Glad you and Jamie enjoyed a nice evening.

g-girl said...

the pink/raspberry yarn is pretty and so are the 4 skeins of the indigo. nice! :)

Tara said...

STOOOOOOOOOOOP with the jewelry Link Love!!!!! I'm FRAGILE, I tell you! Gah!!! (psst: paintedmetal's got a ring called Zoe for sale right now... OMG).