Thursday, February 17, 2011

2.17.11 :: 32 months/139 weeks

32mod139wksM

Mack is 32 months old today / 139 weeks old.

seanreadvtech

This morning, I found Sean learning to read on his Vtech V.Reader that he got from his aunt & uncle for his birthday this past December. I keep forgetting to download the extra stuff that you have to from the web for it, so it's limited on what he can do with it. I finally now have it installing so he should have it tomorrow when he wakes up.

This morning I took Quentin to the CLSC Clinic to get him weighed. I had a funny feeling that the doctor's office (old school non-digital style scale) was way off (telling us Quentin was 8 lbs 13 oz or 4.01 kg (4010 grams) No way! No way had he gained 7 oz in 4 days. I know my baby. I was right. As of this morning he is 8 lbs 10 oz (3.93 kg or 3930 grams), having gained 20g per day since Friday. I think from now on I will take him weekly to the clinic to use their scale to keep it consistent for weighing in. That's probablyS a good idea.

progwyat

Here is my progress as of this morning on Wyatt.
I should be able to get it done soon, providing I have time to sit down & knit.

babygiftz
This morning I put together 2 baby gifts. Today I was seeing Caroline in the afternoon (see below) and tomorrow Quentin has a play date with another new friend. So I had fun with decorating and wrapping, and they were all set for their recipients.

carogift
This afternoon, Caroline was the recipient to gift number 1.

knittingatcaros

We had a nice afternoon of knitting & catching up.
I can't wait to meet her little man.
Caroline is now 38 weeks pregnant - so it will be any time now.

Qsmiley

Quentin slept through most of our visit, but finally woke up a little bit before we left. He was all smiles once he was awake.

chocochipban

This evening I baked 8 banana breads. One portion of the recipe gave me 2 pans. I made 6 regular one and 2 whole wheat ones. The 6 regulars were chocolate chip ones, and the 2 whole wheat ones, one was plain & the other had chocolate chips in it. The 6 regular ones were for the 5 teachers (Sean has 3 and Mack has 2 + the coordinator of the daycare) as it is Teacher Appreciation Week at the daycare. We were told not to spend money, and since time was a factor (no time to crochet or knit anything) I decided to go with baking. The 2 whole wheat ones were for us at home (one is for tomorrow - we have some visitors coming over in the afternoon for "cake" & coffee (or tea).

8 comments:

Celia said...

Mmm! You're making me hungry!

Caroline said...

Yum, that banana bread looks yummy!

Thanks again for visiting and for the lovely gifts!

Anonymous said...

What a nice "slice of life." I'm really enjoying your space. =)

g-girl said...

what nice baby gifts! :) look at that adorable little smile. wow, that is a LOT of banana bread! I'm sure the teachers loved it. :)

Bea said...

The gifts and the breads look great!

Tara said...

EIGHT LOAVES! You are truly a force to be reckoned with, Robyn :)

Amelah said...

So glad he is enjoying his toy and learning at the same time!!

I am sure they loved your gifts! You always make such creative and fun packages!

Hmm those banana breads look so goood...need to figure out some Gluten Free ones!

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

That banana bread looks Dee-LISH! I think it was very sweet of you to give the teachers each a gift. :) Childcare staff are so deserving and need to be appreciated more. Hurray!