Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Key to Taking Pictures {Contest!}

I know that so many of you are interested in learning how to use their cameras to take better pictures. Cameras are not just for professional photographers anymore, but finding a good easy to read guide is sometimes hard to come by. So what do you do? Who do you turn to? Lucky for us some of the pros have started to share their knowledge through e-books (a new fave tool of mine!) and Katie Evans wrote one I love so much I had to share it with you. She wrote, The Key to Taking Pictures Like a Professional Photographer.


Not only is Katie's book filled with beautiful images, it's easy to read for those of you whom are visual learners. I've always been a visual learner, and to be able to put image examples with the text is a good thing. When it's all text and no imagery, sometimes it's hard to follow. Katie's book is very well done & laid out.
This e-book is 73 pages long. It seems like a lot, but it's actually quite easy to get through. It's a great guide to get DSLR users using the functions on their camera past the automatic feature and increase their knowledge of their camera. This will help you improve the photos you take with it. You will learn everything from ISO, Aperture, F-stop and Shutter speed and as well how to use them. You will learn also how to choose the right camera and accessories for your needs, and how to find the right lighting source (be it indoors/outdoors, natural light/flash this is the perfect book to learn from.


Look at these stunning photos! This entire book is inspiring.For the next 2 weeks (starting today) you can purchase the book for $14.95 instead of the original price of $16.95. You can use the discount code KNIT (Which is not case sensitive).The discount will be available for 2 weeks as of now (until Sunday, June 5th, 2011).

I do have the opportunity for one of my lucky readers to win a copy of the ebook. You will have to click over to Katie's Facebook Page and become a follower. You can also follow her blog in your Google Reader (or however you follow blogs). Once you've done so, please come back here (on this post only) & let me know that you're following her. If you follow both on Facebook & her blog in your feed reader, you will get 2 chances to win her book. (Leave separate entries for following her blog and FB fan page please so it counts twice).

You will have until Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 to enter the contest & follow Katie Evans. I will pick a winner on Wednesday, June 1st, 2011. Good luck!

24 comments:

Celia said...

You are so right. I would probably take better photographs if I knew how my camera works.

Maureen said...

I'm in, since I totally need this. (And a few more lenses, hehehehe!)

Following on Facebook, will post separate comment for blog follow.

Maureen said...

Followed the blog, but followed privately. Hope that still counts!

Bea said...

Since I don't have facebook, I'm following her blog in my google reader.

not an artist said...

Done and...

not an artist said...

done! What a lovely find -- her book is beautifully styled as well as informative. I've been enjoying seeing more of your photos lately too!

kristo said...

I "liked" her on Facebook, does that count as an entry? I've only recently discovered eBooks and I think they're great!
I have a DSLR camera, and I really wish I knew how to use it "properly"... I could definitely use some direction. :)

Barb said...

Liked on FB :)

Barb said...

Following her blog :)

Anonymous said...

This book looks awesome! I'm a visual learner too. I tune out a LOT when people are talking-teaching. :) I've liked her facebook page and . . .

Anonymous said...

I've added her blog to my google reader. :) Now I shall cross my fingers and patiently wait for Tuesday!

Caroline said...

The ebook sounds so interesting! I now follow her on Facebook. :)

Caroline said...

I also added her blog to my bloglines feed!

Amelah said...

Book looks cool! Always up to learning new things about photography!

Amelah said...

LIKED her page on Facebook! She does very nice work!

Amelah said...

Also following her blog too :) Thanks for sharing!

Dawn said...

I just got a nook color and I love me some ebooks! I followed on facebook!

Dawn said...

Also followed the blog.

g-girl said...

what a great idea. will check out her blog. :)

Mitali Ruths said...

Thanks Robyn! I liked on facebook and followed the blog, and now I've got my fingers crossed, because this book would really be handy!

Sheila Atchley said...

Subscribed via Facebook...and really hope to win! :-)

Sheila Atchley said...

...and following her blog, I think. I tried, via her blog page, but there was nothing to click on under "followers"...but I think I figured it out via Facebook...anyhoo, count me as following both places!

Christina78 said...

I liked Katie on my FB acct:).

Christina78 said...

I'm following Katie on google reader:)