Sunday, February 17, 2013

50 Book Pledge

shelf

I decided to take the 50 book pledge for 2013. I also signed up for the 52 books, 52 weeks challenge with author Catherine McKenzie on Goodreads. (I’m here on there – if you’re on Goodreads, please feel free to add me as a friend). The 52 books, 52 weeks challenge though, I don’t like all the types of books that are chosen, so I’m only going to read the books I actually want to read, and the other weeks, I’ll chose something else. We are 8 weeks into the year, and I’ve read 7.5 books so far. I’m on track so far! According to the 50 books challenge, I’m on pace to read 52 books this year if I keep up my current pace. Last year, I tried to read 24 books, and was able to actually finish 22.5. This year, my knitting/crochet seems to be lacking but I’m on top of reading. I think I go through phases. There were times in the past where I’d devour books (that was also before I had kids). I missed reading so much, I think I’m over-compensating now. But that’s okay, reading is a good thing to do. So far this year I’ve read: Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, Beyond the Sling by Mayim Bialik, Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks, Where’d you go Bernadette by Maria Semple, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Stolen Innocence by Elissa Wall and Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern. I’m also about a 3rd into I Suck at Girls by Justin Halpern, Almost 20% into Hopeless by Colleen Hoover, 15% into How to Talk So Kids with Listen & Listen so Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber, 60% done The Stuff That Never Happened by Maddie Dawson (which I’ve had started a long time ago, but have been struggling through it, but want to finish it, because I always finish a book once started, I’m stubborn like that), and 36% into The Mominatrix's Guide To Sex: A No Surrender Advice Book For Naughty Moms by Kristen Chase, which most of it doesn’t even apply to me, as it talks about you & your partner while pregnant, just after giving birth, and with young children, and I’m way past that stage now, so a lot of it is irrelevant and I’m reading it and glad I’m way past those stages too!

What are you currently reading?

3 comments:

Taci simmons said...

I'm reading Cast on, Kill off by Maggie Sefton. I just started tis one t. Like her other books. Just intertwining and fun.

Celia said...

I have 45 books on my challenge. So far, I am at 8 books. I'm currently reading The Cursing Mommy's Book of Days. It's hilarious!

Gabriela said...

I'm reading Solo: A Memoir of Hope. USWNT goalie, Hope Solo's memoir. It will be my 11th book of the year. I'm glad you're getting to read more so far this year. I find that the amount of reading and knitting that I do are closely related. The more I read, the less I knit.