Monday, November 16, 2015

Top This!

topthis1 topthis2

This summer we got in a shipment of DMC Top This! hat kits and they flew off the shelves. We have re-ordered a few times and they keep flying out the doors! They’re so cute, it’s no wonder. I made a soccer ball kit as a store sample and when Quentin saw it he wanted one too. The store sample (left hand top image), I made in newborn size. Quentin’s hat was knit up in an adult small. Mackenzie asked me for one too, then changed his mind, after I started knitting it, but now wants me to finish it, so once I am finished a few other projects I have going on, I am going to get back to Mack’s soccer ball hat. I’ll have to add rows on the adult small pattern to fit Mackenzie’s 7 & and a half year old head. I also knit up a cat kit for a gift for a someone’s daughter. The ball band comes with the smallest (newborn) and the largest (adult small) on the ball band, however additional in-between sizes can be found online here. Also, a crochet version of the hat is now currently available here. These hats are a quick knit on 5.5mm needles are a lot of fun to make. You can view all the available hats kits here.

topthis3

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh those are so cute!

g-girl said...

I agree with Hattie. They're so cute!