Monday, January 02, 2006

New Years Resolution #1 - Check!

New Years Resolution #1: Join the gym. (check!)

After waking up today, I took a quick shower and then headed off to the gym. We met Marc & Kim there (Marc's the one who has been the shithead friend to us lately) and they invited us to a 24 party for the premiere on January 15th. I think we're going to go - no point in sitting at home and watching it alone when all of Jamie's friends will be at this party. I will try to make the most of it - at least it's an attempt to get out of the house. We don't get out of the house that often. Jamie joined on a free membership for 1 month, and since I bought 6 months (no freebies for me, since I 've already been a member there, bought a 1 year membership a couple of year back after moving out of my parents house - and never used it!) We worked out for about 45 minutes and then headed home. I ran over to the post office to weigh some items that need to be priced for shipping for ebay auctions, and then headed home for lunch, which we ordered, I was craving a greek salad and a whole wheat grilled cheese sandwich with low fat cheese.

I finished Season 5 of Six Feet Under today, concluding the entire series. I cried during the final episode when they showed where everyone's life took them. I guess I was very attached to the characters over the last 2 weeks, so it was touching. Took me 2 and a half weeks, but I've finally gotten through it. And I loved it. Now I just need to find time to watch Sopranos before March 12th (Season 6 premiere!) (TV junkie, I know I am!)

I am so happy that I made that batch of meat sauce a couple of weeks ago, and was able to just defrost some for dinner with some pasta, which is easy to make. Wasn't in the mood to cook for dinner this evening.

Numerous times this evening I started and took apart and re-started and took apart the zigzag scarf I was trying to make. Just WASN'T working out for me. I'm going to ask my cousin Jenn to help me on Wednesday when I go to visit her (I'm also going to start on a pair of socks). I can't find a pattern online for a simple small zigzag scarf for the thickness of the wool that I want to use for it. (See yesterday's entry for the 16 inch scarf that just won't work!) So because I was frustrated, I started on a simple double crochet scarf in the pink and the brown yarn that I got. It's coming out exactly how I want it - I'll photograph it tomorrow - when it's coming along better.

My sister invited me to sleep over on Thursday night at my parents house. I have to be there Thursday and Friday 9-6pm ish anyhow, as my folks are in Vegas and I'm dogsitting Bosco. I'm bringing my camera, and I'm hoping the little guy behaves himself and allows me to take pictures of him, maybe he'll even stand still and pose! Who knows. But, I think it will be nice to hang out with my sister for a little bit, but I'm not soo sure that I want to sleep over. We'll see. I will decide later. I definitely will stay for dinner and a movie - which she's invited me for, I just don't know about the sleeping over part. The last "sleepover" we had, was the night before my wedding in my hotel room at the Sheraton where I got married. I'll sleep on it. Goodnight.

No comments: