Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Errand Day & Knitting

This lady bug was on my car this morning. The first real one I've seen all year. (It's for you Jenn C.!)

This morning, I took my time getting ready to leave the house. However, I was very productive before leaving. I got a lot of laundry done, as well as a lot of chores in the house, especially in my office. I am so happy with all that I am getting done.

Today, I first went to my dad's store to photocopy some documents that I needed copies of. Then, I went to CAA to see my travel agent. I had some stuff to go over with her. After CAA (Canadian Automobile Association), I had Subways for lunch. I always get a whole wheat wrap with teriyaki chicken. But today, it was more of a pickle wrap with chicken - lol.. I love pickles. Delish! Next stop was to say hello to my sister and hubby (at work), and then head to my mom's house. We had to go over my wedding photos and decide which 75 we wanted for the official album (which we still have not done, almost a year later).

I stopped by and worked out at the gym on my way home, and after rinsing off (My first time showering at the gym instead of when I get home after working out - and I'm suprised on how clean it was in there), I met up with Angela, who came over for some knitting. There was a knititng meetup tonight, but I just didnt feel like going tonight. (Sorry guys!)

Angela and I watched the movie Paper Clips. It's actually a documentary. It's about Whitwell Middle School in rural Tennessee which is where an extraordinary experiment in Holocaust education took place. Struggling to grasp the concept of six-million Holocaust victims, the students decide to collect six-million paper clips to better understand the extent of this crime against humanity. The film details how the students met Holocaust survivors from around the world and how the experience transformed them and their community. It was actually really good. I recommend watching it.

I actually got some knitting done, and I'm working on a sock for a paid assignment, so I cannot show any pictures, but I can say that I am totally in love with the yarn and the yarn colour. (The green shade I showed not too long ago). Love it! This sock will knit up very nicely I'm sure!

I am soooooooooooooooo excited for my first Ultra Sound tomorrow. It's really early (8:20 am). I bet I won't be able to sleep tonight! I'm that excited. I hope my child isn't shy and opens it's legs so mommy & daddy can see the sex! We really want to know (makes it sooo much easier for shopping and preparing for the baby!) Of course, I'd love to have a girl first, but I won't be disappointed if it's a boy. As long as there is 10 fingers and 10 toes, as well as a good heart beat and all other things in the right places, then we're good to go!

No comments: