Saturday, November 11, 2006

4th Birthday Party

This morning I woke up to Clint - my sister-in-law's massive cat, sitting above my head on the ledge just above the bed we slept in. He's gorgeous... just well.... massive!

Anyhow, this morning I helped prepare for my nephew's birthday, and eventually guests all started to arrive. My nephew was EXCITED to open each and every one of his gifts, and that procedure apparently was NOT fast enough for him! Ahh - the joy's of being 4 years old. I guess I'll really live that again, once Sean hits that age in just over 4 years!

I was really polite today with my MIL - I was impressed with myself. I was seriously harboring angry feelings towards her for the last two weeks I'd say, and had pushed it to the back of my mind for a while, but then realized that I was going to face her today, and well, decided, for the well being of the family, to remain polite. She did ask how the showers went, and I did reply that they were lovely thank you, and kept my conversation with her and her wife to very minimal.

This evening, Jamie's sister had some friends over, and we all chatted and it was nice. I knitted during the party, and tonight. I didn't feel like it was bothering anyone - so I went for it.

Tonight, Jamie and I watched Cool World until we started getting tired (I am not sure I really enjoyed what I saw of this Brad Pitt movie, so I don't know if I'll ever bother watching the end of it).

I started preparing for Jamie's Irish Hiking Scarf tonight, I'll blog about that tomorrow! (It'll be my first attempt with cables!)

No comments: