Sunday, December 20, 2009

december twenty :: weeks old :: 155 weeks old

Sean is 155 weeks old today. This is how he spent his day:

Our first guests to arrive today included my sister-in-law, my nephew and my SIL's boyfriend. They are spending the next 4 days at my house - until sometime on Christmas Eve.

My sister arrived.

One of my closest friends Dara arrived. If you were to ask me if I had a best friend (I'm not so good with the best friend thing, I have a lot of close friends, though, I really like my space) - so right now like I said, if you were to ask me who my best friend was - it would have to be Dara. She's awesome, and we have a lot in common. She also had 2 boys, a 7 year old and a 15 month old. Her 15 month old is Mack's best friend. Dara rocks. I hope she remains a very good friend for a long time to come, and that life doesn't tear us apart. Most of the best friends I've had in my life time, have all seemed to have life move them away. We still keep in touch, but it's just not the same. Or life has brought different paths for us to take, and we're just on different pages in our life. Dara right now, seems to be on the same page as me, and I'm glad she's in my life. She came today with just Mack's best friend, as his older brother hurt himself last night at a gymnastics party he went to and wasn't able to make it today.

Mack had a good time hanging out before the show started.

My father-in-law, Step-mother-in-law, sister-in-law, her boyfriend & my nephew.

Mack & my mother. (He's attached to her hip when she's around).

Mack & Jamie.

Mack and my mom again.

Sean got some wings made out of Balloon by the Magician we hired for the show. I didn't see this until afterwards when I saw it on film. You see, I am really afraid of balloons. I can't stand them. I had one popped in my face as a young child, and I freak out near balloons. I admit that I shriek like a 4 year old girl when a balloon is popped in the same room as me.


Sean & his cousin Merlyn.

My mother & father.

After the balloons were over, the Magician started his show. His show was just okay. He made some inappropriate jokes that were adult rated, and he should have kept the show just for the kids. I didn't appreciate the jokes, but they made me laugh.

He made some blank pages (above) colored (below):

And Sean really enjoyed his show. That is honestly all that matters.

After the magic show we brought out the cake. Sean was in love.

So in love we had to BEG him to let us cut up the cake for everyone to have a piece.

And he had to help me cut it. That was one of the promises I made to get him to allow me to cut it up into pieces. It makes me feel good that he didn't want me to even cut it up.

Last year we invited 20 kids, and there was a huge snow storm the day of his party. Only 4 kids showed up. This year, from 18 that were invited, we had 9 of the 14 who said they were for sure coming actually come. Not a bad turn out. Enough to make the Magician we hired worth while.

After everyone left, Sean opened his gifts.

He even got a pair of hand knit socks from his grandmother.

Though, his fave gift that he got today was this Carey Price statue (the Habs main goalie) that my in-laws got him (my father-in-law and step-mother-in-law). He didn't want to open a single gift after he opened this one. Nothing else mattered.

Mack had no nap today. I can't believe it. By the evening he was slap happy. I finally got him to relax, and of course, found him in his spot with his fave thing - the remote control to the tv.

We babysat my nephew this evening while my sister-in-law and her boyfriend went out for dinner. I got the boys to color while we waited for dinner to arrive (we ordered in pizza for the kids).

Sean's actually out right now! He went with my nephew, Sister-in-law and her boyfriend to watch Jamie's hockey game. I would never usually allow this, but because he won't be going into school this week, and is on vacation, I allowed it. I hope he's out having a good time! I'm going to go finish wrapping some last minute holiday gifts while Mack is sleeping and there is peace & quiet in the house.

10 comments:

The Frampers said...

it's so funny to see so many ppl that I knon in your pics...Dara, Jaime, Amy. Love that pic of you both!

Amelah said...

Thanks for having me! I had fun! U laughed the hardest with the magician! Hope Sean likes our big box gift lol ;-) Hey, he asked for the gift,...right????

I *LOVE* that picture of us! It is my new fave!

Bertha said...

That looks like a great party! Happy birthday Sean, I can't believe June is almost 3 too! How did this happen?!?

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Sean!!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have been there! But, I would have hated to get anyone sick. Glad Sean had fun!

Cynthia F said...

It looks like you guys had an awesome party & great cake- you did a fantastic job & Sean looks like he looooved it!!!

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

What a great party! Happy Belated Birthday Little Man!

That cake is awesome - good job!

I also love that picture of Mac with his Grandma - adorable face he is making :)

g-girl said...

looks like the party was a success. glad sean finally allowed his cake to be cut for everyone to eat up! ;)

Bea said...

Wow this looks like such an awesome birthday party. Cute that he didn't want you to cut up the cake.

Tara said...

Sounds like an awesome party! I'm sorry we had to miss it. Fingers crossed for next year!