Tuesday, December 29, 2009

december twenty-nine

The laundry it never ends. Yep, everything in the above photo is dirty laundry. I figure there is at least 15 loads there. While I love my front loading machines, they are tiny and don't hold as much as my old machines did.

12:45pm - I had load 1 in the dryer and load 2 in the washing machine. It's never going to end.

2:01 pm - I had load number 2 in the dryer, load number 3 in the washing machine & dishwasher is currently doing load number 1. One kid is napping (Mack), and the other is sick but not acting it...! (Sean)

5:13 pm - I was stuck with a napping Sean on me for about 2.5 hours so load number 2 needs to be re-heated in the dryer, and load 3 is waiting to go into the dryer. I feel like I'll be doing laundry into 2010...!

6:12 pm - I was making some progress. Load 3 in the dryer and load 4 in the washing machine. Though, no folding has been done yet.

I am a procrastinator when it comes to folding the laundry. I resolved to fix this in 2010.

Will you be calling it two thousand and ten or twenty-ten? I haven't figured out what I will be calling it yet, but twenty-ten sounds a lot easier to say.

Sean woke up at 5 am this morning throwing up. He was sick all morning. Tried giving him water & crackers mid-morning, he couldn't hold it down for 5 minutes. He said by lunch he was feeling better, so after giving him Pedialyte every 3o minutes for a while and he kept that down, I gave him some toast and plain whole wheat spaghetti with nothing on it, because that is what I was eating, and he wanted some too. He did keep it down. So far, so good, he was better the rest of the day. I really hope that Mack doesn't catch whatever it was.

Mid-afternoon I started to feel horrible. Cold. Nauseas. I couldn't eat dinner. I couldn't eat anything the rest of the evening. Jamie and I just hung out this evening at home, and I was on the couch totally out of it. I couldn't even knit a stitch. That's how ill I felt. I really hope this passes as I need to go to work tomorrow since I didn't go in today. I didn't go in at all last week because of our guests at our house, so I need to get in tomorrow. My mom has agreed that if Sean doesn't become sick again, she'll watch the two of them tomorrow at our house for a few hours. At least I'll be able to get some work done then.

I really couldn't do any more laundry or much of anything tonight. I couldn't even really focus on the episodes of Gene Simmons: Family Jewels that we did watch tonight. I think I will hit the pillow early tonight and pray I am no longer ill tomorrow. It was just one of those days. It sucks being sick and having a sick child at home as well. I really hope there isn't something going around.

7 comments:

Bea said...

Ouch. Bigger machines are really good. Your pile looks like only about 6 in my machine. We can get a bunch in and haven't had any problems with things coming out dirty.

Yuck. Hope you guys are all better now.

Kimber said...

Hey are you sure you didn't get a shot of MY laundry room? I share your laundry affliction :)

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

We're laundry room TWINS!! I fold very half-ass, and only the kids' clean clothes make it out of the room and up to their respective bedrooms. I've found getting dressed in the laundry room makes less work for me! :) It's dual purpose - it cleans and acts as a wardrobe!

g-girl said...

good lord woman. i would faint at the sight of all that laundry!! poor guy..wonder if there's a stomach bug going around?? i'm opting for two thousand ten.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! That's a LOT of laundry!

I do each boy's basket once it is full (seperately to not mix their clothes up) and ours once it is full...about every week or 2.

How do you go through so much??

Amelah said...

Holy crap that is a LOT of laundry!!! Now I believe LOL, well i did before, but a picture is worth a 1000 words!!

Tara said...

Wow! Do you do laundry once a week, or do you just let it accumulate until you can't fit another basket in your laundry room? :)