Tuesday, September 07, 2010

09.07.10

seealexandra

This afternoon we had a playdate with a friend of mine in from Toronto.
She is originally from around the corner from where I live.
She came in to visit her parents for the Jewish New Year.
It was really good catching up with her & finally meeting her daughter.
(Her daughter is 7 weeks younger than Mack).

Tonight for dinner we had:
BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE

1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Water
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Marble Cheese

PREHEAT oven to 450°F. Place tomatoes with their liquid in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.

PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese.
Top with the stuffing mixture.

BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.

Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 6 servings

I made it last almost 5 years ago. Sean wasn’t 100% impressed that there was tomatoes in it – he’s not a fan of tomatoes. Jamie said it was okay (again) and to try something else next time (I think he had the same reaction 5 years ago). Oh well. I tried. I wanted to make something easy tonight and I thought of this recipe. I'll try something else next time. Sometimes it's hard to think about what to make for dinner when you're full and not exactly thinking about your next meal.

diapercase

Tonight I started a sewing class for 6 sessions. It’s in the teacher’s home. I am not a beginner but want to learn more to build my confidence. Tonight I made this diaper holder to go in my diaper bag. Very easy pattern to follow. I got 7/8th of it done in class and finished it up as soon as I got home.

diapercozy

Since Mack's still in diapers, I can use it until the baby is born. I think it'll be a great accessory to keep in my diaper bag.

Today’s Link Love:
- Skirts like these are why I wish I had a girl. I have to hope that one of my three sons will give me a granddaughter one day so that I can sew up a bunch of these awesome twirly skirts!
- Definitely want to make another baby bottle cozy (that's Mack at 3 months old in the picture) before Baby 3 is born. Not sure what will happen with nursing this time around (I will give it a shot though), and want to make it just in case. The pattern is from here.
- Debating to make this Nursing Wrap Cover next week or one of these pairs of booties. Not sure which to start with unless I find something else I want to make first. Ahhh, gotta love sewing projects. So much to make. So little time.
- I did finish reading Two Years, No Rain last night, review to come shortly. I just started reading Jessica Z. also by the same author and have a blog giveaway coming up for you to win your own copy of that book. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Tara said...

The recipe sounds like a winner to me!

g-girl said...

we love the bruschetta chicken bake around here! :) why is it only okay to jamie? i usually use a flavored can of diced tomatoes (like one with roasted garlic). We put loads of garlic too. the booties are absolutely adorable. how will you choose??

Bea said...

This diaper holder is really cute.

Amelah said...

Interested dinner dish! Wonder if it would taste good without the cheese! Hmm, I may try it - always looking for new dinner ideas!

Cute diaper thing! Glad you are enjoying the sewing lessons so far!