Tuesday, December 21, 2010

12.21.10 :: 3 weeks old

3wksQ

Quentin is 3 weeks old today.

canneloni

Today for dinner I prepared a recipe (Chicken Cannelloni) from Jessica Seinfeld's new cookbook, Double Delicious. The only change I made was that I used broccoli puree instead of cauliflower puree inside (so you see green). When I saw the price of cauliflower at 4$ for one, and then next to it saw broccoli for .97 cents, I made the decision to substitute the vegetable. I used whole wheat lasagna noodles and low fat ricotta cheese (as the recipe calls for), and made this delicious healthy meal for my family. Kids - not so impress. Hubby - asked to make it again. I was inspired to make something from her cookbook after watching the episode of Oprah that she was on. She's such a cutie (Jessica Seinfeld) and really funny too. I guess she has to be - married to Jerry after all!

So many things I want to do - but I am not going to brave them the week of Xmas. But then again, do I really want to brave them the week of Boxing Week Sales? My to-do list keeps getting things added to it - but hey, life goes on. I'll see what I can get done, and keep my sanity in check. It's not even Xmas stuff that I have to do, but I don't really want to get stuck shoving my way through last minute shoppers, and fight for parking. Ah, yes, parking. The fight for that this time of the year.

I interviewed Sean recently (got this a while back from someone else's blog I think):

What is something Mommy always says to you? Can you pick this up please.
What makes Mommy happy? When I behave.
What makes Mommy sad? When I don't behave.
How does Mommy make you laugh? When she does something funny.
What was Mommy like as a child? Small like me.
How old is Mommy? 25.
How tall is Mommy? Tall like this (lifts arms into air).
What is Mommy's favorite thing to watch on TV? Big Brother.
What does Mommy do when you're not around? Work.
What is Mommy really good at? Going on your computer.
What is Mommy not very good at? Hockey.
What does Mommy do for her job? Go on your computer.
What is Mommy's favorite food? Everything. But also strawberries because I like strawberries.
What makes you proud of Mommy? She does a good job cleaning up.
If mommy were a cartoon, who would she be? Hockey Player one.
What do you and Mommy do together? We be together, I love you.
How are you and Mommy the same? We have matching skin.
How are you and Mommy different? You really need to teach me to drive a car.
How do you know Mommy loves you? We be together.
What does Mommy like most about Daddy? Because we love daddy.
Where is Mommy's favourite place to go? Sewing class or to knitting.

This kid cracks me up. I can't believe he's turning 4 in a week.

2 comments:

Amelah said...

Oy! That interview had me laughing!! I can picture Sean responding in his cute adorable voice! Too funny!!!

g-girl said...

love the interview! did you record it on something so that he can hear himself years from now?? :)