Wednesday, November 29, 2000

My Baby Sis-tah... My Driving Brother...

My baby sister, well, she isn't a baby anymore. It's almost her 16th birthday (in 3 weeks about) and she's growing up before my very own eyes. NOT FAIR! My 17 year old brother just got his license on November 7th, gosh, I can't believe how old he's gotten too! But my BABY sister started on Monday night her theory for her driving permit test. You see you can start that course 3 weeks before your 16th birthday so that on your 16th birthday (in the province of Quebec that is) you can go take the written (computerized) test for your permit. Then after you get that you must take 12 hours (not all at once) of lessons with an instructor from your driving school. If you take it with a driving you school, you may go for your license (road test) 8 months after you get your permit *used to be only 3 months!* And if you dont go to a driving school and you get your parents to show you how to drive, you can only go for your license a year after you get your permit. Ridiculous! And once you get your license, it's not your full license. It's your probationary license. Which means, you only have 4 demerit points you can lose (rolling through a stop sign will lose you 3 points right there...) and you can't have any alcohol in your system. Once you get your full license, (after 2 years of driving from the day you get your probationary license, regardless if you drive or not!) you get 15 demerit points, and you can have under .08% alcohol in your blood, which is actually nothing. Anyhow, if you have your full license, you can take someone out on the road who just has their permit. Permit people can't drive alone... Just wanted to bring you up to date, if you aren't from the lovely Province of Quebec, all about our driving laws. It's only on my mind because my baby sister just started her theory lessons. Fuck am I getting old! Another thing to go along with our dementing driving issues, our schooling system.. let me briefly tell you all about it!!!! Elementary School is Kindergarten to Grade Six High School is Grade Seven to Grade Eleven Then you Go off to College... and then University, or which ever one you prefer...

It's 2 am. I want to get to bed, but I can't sleep. I am not tired. Don't know why... Weird. I am going to go force myself to go to sleep

No comments: