Sunday, October 30, 2005

Meat Sauce & a Heavy Movie

I spent the afternoon at my in-laws place learning how to make my mother-in-law's famous meat sauce. It was a lot of fun. I made enough for dinner tonight (on top of pasta) and for 12 more portions of pasta. As well, I had some leftover, so I made 2 lasagnas, and I froze them in my bed freezer and all I have to do is cook them in the oven for about 30-40 minutes and voila - a meal for two! I am going to make another batch once I run out of sauces and lasagnas! :) Next time, she's going to teach me how to make her minestrone soup. While the sauce cooked on the stove, we watched Hotel Rwanda. What an INTENSE movie. I cried. My in-laws cried. I can't believe that, that sort of thing happened - when we thought it would never happen again after World War II and the Holocaust. I definitely recommend this movie, as rough as it is. It was a well done movie. I am curious to learn more about what happened between the two political tribes and read up more on the situation that happened, and that is still apparently happening in that country today. I was going to work on my mother-in-laws scarf during the movie, but I just didnt and couldn't because of the nature of the movie. Oh well - I promised her that I would finish it by Merlyn's 3rd birthday party on November 12th. Such a deadline! LOL. (Merlyn is my nephew, her grandson. The party is at Jamie's sister's place, which is 3 hours away from our place.

I came home earlier to find Zeus, our cat sitting like a human (It's the funniest thing I've ever seen!):


Zeus

No comments: