Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Font Crop Assignment

So I started and finished my front crop assignment today. What do you think? I like it. I basically had to work with fonts that she provided for us, and then crop them, so you're only using part of the font letter. Then after you're done, you need to inverse the colours on the second one, with the identical set-up. Not bad. Not too easy, but not hard either. I am sure there are people in my class that spent the entire week working on this. For me, I knew that it would only take me a couple of hours to work on it, so once I was motivated to start working on it - which was 2pm today, I devoted my entire attention to this assignment. Took me about an hour and a half, and I started with the ones with the white background, then I photocopied it at the pharmacy around the corner from my house, and then I came back home, and was able to trace it, so it was identical. I think I did a good job, I also think that both are balanced images, (we needed to show balance). I know that I used the letter G in both, as well as the letter i. I like both those letters, and they just fit. So I added the X in the last one, so that it would have variety. I also used 2 different sides of the same letter G, so that also is variety. And now I don't have to worry about this assignment anymore, it's over and done with, and I can go on with the rest of my day not worrying about it.

This morning I got up on time, when my alarm went off. I purposely set my alarm about 15 minutes before I actually wanted to get out of bed, so that I would hit snooze a couple of times like I usually do, and then still have time to get up at the right time. Ahh, the joy of the snooze button in the morning.

I have so much house cleaning to do - I didn't really even start any of it yet. Things that I want to take care of - like empying the fridge and cleaning it out (scrubbing it down), taking the blinds off the window by the kitchen sink and washing them (scrubbing them down), just chores that I've been meaning to do - but get distracted and need to take care of them. Tomorrow. Or Thursday latest. I MUST tackle these items. Force myself to do so.

I got in the mail today, Canada post delivered, the 1000 piece lego set that I ordered for my nephew for his 3rd birthday. It looks really cool - I hope that he likes it! 1000 pieces, I hope it doesn't make too much of a mess!

Well, we have dinner reservations in 10 minutes. Jamie's dad and step-mom are taking us out for dinner. It's to a restaurant we've never been to before - should be interesting, I hope! It's called Mesquite. I'll let you know how it is.

No comments: