Saturday, February 18, 2006

9 Balls of Free Yarn

This is the free yarn. FREE. F-R-E-E. Slept in today. Got up. Putzed around on the internet. ate a HUGE ASS bowl of cereal with peach pieces in it - can't remember what it's called, but it was on sale the other day for 2.99$ a box (instead of 4.99$ a box) so I bought 4 boxes. Plenty of peach cereal for a while. Eventually went to the gym with Jamie... did over an hour work out - doing more abs today than I've ever done before. (Abs feel great now - so do legs - besides the fact that I'm bloated and feeling fat.) Did groceries on the way home from the gym, as we had dinner guests tonight, and then came home. As I was pulling into the driveway, just before getting to my garage, I saw something from the corner of my eye... my radar light up... YARN? Could it be? WHAT? A full pacakge? Huh? What's going on? The yarn fairy came? Placed 9 balls of yarn in my driveway? At first I thought it was a full package of 10, but when I got out of my car and picked it up - it was 9 balls (1 was removed no idea where or when) and the rest were in tact - full skeins, mint condition. It's Gedifra Cicco #5804. I am not so sure what I am going to make with it - as it's got a little bit of a purple tint to the colour - AND I HATE PURPLE, but perhaps it will make something nice for someone. I need to find something to make with it. And with 9 balls of 50grams each, I'm sure I can make a few things with it!
... I want the yarn fairy to come back and bring me more yarn. It was just there by my garage door!
This evening we had Jamie's friends Michel & Louise over - I always feel a little uncomfortable when we get together with them, as they are both French speaking and know very little English. So I always feel uncomfortable speaking with them. After a few glasses of wine this evenig I felt a little bit more comfortable, but still not 100%. I don't think I ever will feel comfortable. My french is not that great for living in and growing up in a French language province. Yes, I went to french immersion elementary and high school, but still, I'm out of practise and just not comfortable. I think we will see them in March for Louise's birthday, and she requested a beige scarf (after seeing some of my latest crochet projects) so we shall see if we will be going to the birthday dinner, then perhaps I will start on a scarf for her. I think I have just the right shade of beige to work on something for her. All good.
Michel & Louise even brought us some fresh bread (some pumpernickel and some marble, as well as some other bread) to freeze and to eat whenever we'd like. That was very nice of them, it will definitely get eaten. Louise works in the office of a bread making company, so that was pretty cool that she brought us the bread and thought about me and my diet and the whole wheat/brown bread that I eat.
I am going to go crawl into bed, I want to start watching LOST. I keep hearing that it is a fantastic show - and I have season 1 right now, so I think I'm going to start it.

No comments: