Sunday, August 19, 2007

August 19 of 31

Just a warning, this is a very non-knitting post. There will be a bit of knitting stuff at the end of the post, but most of it is Sean stuff. Just cuz I love this kid more than anything in the entire world. Just so that you know...!

Today not only did Sean try Vegetable, Beef & Spaghetti baby food -which he loved and had for lunch & supper, he tried a french fry (see above) curtosey of his great-uncle Mark. We went to Jamie's Aunt & Uncle's house today to celebrate his other uncle's birthday, and it was nice to see everyone.

Sean was having a grand time sitting outside his great aunt & uncle's house, hanging out with his cousins. Making silly faces & laughing.

This evening we went to my great aunt's 75th Surprise birthday party. Sean was also in a good mood for most of the evening (until he got tired and started rubbing his eyes), but was all smiles for most of the evening.

All he wanted to do was stand! And try to walk. Anyone who would hold he he wanted to be on the move. I now am starting to believe that Sean will be walking by 9 months. He just needs to figure out how to stabalize himself.

At one point he saw me drinking out of a plastic cup, and wanted my cup. So I asked someone to get me an empty one, and Sean just didn't want to give it to anyone upon having it in his possession!

We had a good time. We were there from about 5:30 pm until just before 10 pm. Sean started getting cranky (tired) around 9 pm, so I tried feeding him before we left. He also didn't like the Happy Birthday song, he started bawling his eyes out, and also, didn't like it when my almost 4 year old cousin Arianne started singing the songs she learned. I couldn't believe that he cried!! I think we will have to work on singing Happy Birthday to him, so that he doesn't cry when it comes time to his 1st birthday. Next weekend we have our cousin Oliver's 1st birthday party, so I'm hoping that he won't cry again next week during Happy Birthday.

Knitting.... since tonight Sean went to bed as soon as we got home, (10 pm ish), (He fell asleep in the car and I was able to transfer him into his crib - Hurrah!) I got some knitting done. I worked on about 40 more rows on the 2nd sleeve. I'm at almost 100 rows from the 155 that I need to do before doing the decreases for the shoulder. Getting there. After that, all that's left is the neck part and it'll be an FO. I'm hoping that will happen by the weekend.

Jamie's "anniversary" cotton socks are getting frogged. I think I will take out another skein of sock yarn to knit him socks. I am not impressed with the cotton, not at all. So I will see what I want to knit for him in socks, and find something else. I'm thinking something with a solid color so that it shows any design I want to make in them. That's for starters. The original idea of doing the cotton was because 2nd Anniversary Modern gifts is "cotton". He doesn't care, I don't care, so I'll be using wool instead. Much better in my opinion, especially for winter socks.... Now, if only I can figure out what to do with the Cotton yarn that I wound and that I don't want....!

In other knitting news, I want to make the Tilted Duster from the cover of the recent issue of Interweave Knits. I just need to figure out what color I want to make it... and it'll be added to my queue in Ravelry. Hopefully I'll get to it soon. (Must knit Sophia first - she's already been cast on!)

3 comments:

Tanya said...

OMG!!! I just bought that same magazine for that same pattern. I'm going with Navy Blue. It's my favorite color.

Caroline said...

I love the Tilted Duster too! I'm not sure when I'll have time to make it though...

g-girl said...

sean looks so cute in his lil track suit! :) that is awesome about your second sleeve! you know, we 'walk' my niece around the house. she's so funny!