Friday, August 24, 2007

August 24 of 31

I donated some money today to support Ramona in the Walk for Breast Cancer. In return, she emailed me this pattern for her socks, and I joined her KAL. I hope to be able to cast on these socks soon! I even have pink yarn ready for them! Go on over & donate whatever you can (I used my visa to do so - soooo simple!) and join in the fun, and help support the cure for breast cancer.


With a vote of 12 to 8, Frog wins. My 1 vote counted into the 12 for the frog. Frog has been ordered. It's going to be soooo cute. Sean looks great in orange. Also - he has an elephant costume (not the same one that I showed you) but for maybe 2 or 3 year old size. So, he'll be an elephant in a couple of years... but this year, he'll be a frog.

I went to A La Tricoteuse this afternoon on Rachel St. I only went because I wanted to know what the mystery yarn that I frogged was. Turns out it was Alafoss Lopi. I am happy to know now what it is!




Technically this is 4 skeins. Just, when I frogged the scarf, it ended up being 5 cakes, due to a knot. I picked up 2 skeins today, in the same colorway, and I plan on making something with it. I love the color.

Anyhow, the customer service at A La Tricoteuse is horrifying. The owners, a husband & wife team so I was told, are really rude. They don't ask if you need him, and then when you ask the husband for the 10% Montreal Knits discount at the cash when you're ready to pay, he says okay, and then she chimes in NO. He only wants to speak French to you, and she does try to speak English but in 1 word sentences. Very NOT impressed. I won't be going back there.

Today I got my business registration number! I think I had a smile on my face all the way home from the government building! There are some exciting things happening at the Robyn's Nest in the next week - so stay tuned for some updates next week. I think I am so excited I'm almost losing sleep! Finally making my dreams come true! A facelist to the website is also coming next week. Stay tuned!

Tonight I finished watching Season 2 of Bones. Very excited for Season 3 to start this fall. No date is listed yet, but I am assuming it's starting at the same time as all the other shows? I'm also looking forward to the new season of House, Nip/Tuck & CSI (Las Vegas), as well as Las Vegas (NBC).

Turtleneck Shrug. Complete. Whoohoo! I've been addicted to knitting this. What a great project. I just love it. Pictures to come tomorrow. I promise!

Tonight, again, Sean went to sleep groggy and with his Lullaby music. So far, so good with this routine thing.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

Welcome to the Campanula KAL. The pattern is pretty and it's for a great cause. By the way, I love the new look for your blog, although I am rather concerned at the 122 days left until Christmas...better start knitting!

g-girl said...

ohh, i'm so jealous that you already have the yarn on hand for these socks!! I want to make them in the pink too. :) congrats on receiving your business registration number! I can't wait for Nip/Tuck to begin either!