Friday, March 21, 2008

march twenty-one :: 31 days :: day twenty-one :: 64 weeks

Day twenty-one. Today was easy to not spend any money. This weekend will probably be the same as today, family easter stuff, stores closed, it's all great. I think I'll sail through this last week very easily.

Sean is now 64 weeks old. Next Friday he's 15 months old. 15 months! I really honestly have no idea where time goes.... I can't comprehend how Sean is this big boy now..... when I recall bringing him home from the hospital, the little pisher that he was when he was born.

I received some mail from my friend Lauren yesterday, and finally had time to open it up and see what she sent! Oh my! Thank you Lauren! She sent a belated Chanukah and birthday present for Sean, which included a 24 month size Eagles outfit (Jamie's a huge Eagles fan), an 18 month onesie from Disney (which fits him now!) and an 18 month summer outfit (orange tshirt and khaki shorts - very cute!) which will be good once the weather finally warms up. She sent him a Horton elephant stuffed animal, and a Horton Dr. Seuss book (which we didn't have!) He got a Mickey Mouse from Disney, and a bucket/pail/shovel set (I'm going to have to get him a sandbox this summer). She even sent a few goodies for me (some lotions, a pair of Clover knitting needles, some gum, and some candles). Thank you sooooo much Lauren - you're too sweet.

This morning Sean & I went to our first music class at the new place. It actually had started last week but we missed it because Sean was sick. (He had the high fever the night before). It was a lot of fun and Sean was a riot dancing around to his teacher Jessica singing. This kid just absolutely loves music, which is a great thing. He just makes me laugh, and I love it. After the half hour of music he is allowed to run around the gym downstairs for as long as he'd like - so we stayed a bit though, I had to sit down on the floor twice while he was playing because I was feeling dizzy a bit. It's not the first time this pregnancy I've felt that way. I'm definitely going to mention it to my doctor when I go on Monday. It happened once a few weeks ago on a Monday while we were in Sean's class at the other place. I'm not really sure why it's happened, but I can tell you that I had eaten breakfast, so I'm not sure why I was feeling faint/dizzy. I am hoping it's nothing.

This afternoon Sean & I hung out a bit in his big boy room once he got up from his nap. I was going through the closet to make sure there wasn't any clothes in there that I should pull out (so he doesn't miss out on wearing them), and came across his size 2 Habs jerseys. He has 2 of them, one home & one away jersey. I decided to see if it would fit him. (He's only in 12-18 or 18 month size right now, so as you can see, the jersey is a tad big). Though, it's super cute on him. He gets all excited when you say "GO HABS GO!".... Jamie's been teaching him well while watching games. Doesn't he look so handsome in his jersey? I can totally see a future player!

Sean loves his books. He loves to look at the pictures and flip pages. Oh, how he loves to flip pages. I love that he loves books. I definitely want him to be a reader. I also love that he crosses his legs. He's super cute when he does that.

And by the end of the day, every day, this is how I feel. Exhausted. Really exhausted. Chasing after an almost 15 month old, and being over 6 months pregnant.... yep.... exhaustion is definitely the word.

Jamie had the day off today, but he's at home sick. He's got the runny nose that I no longer have. Poor him. Hoping he feels better before tomorrow, we have his sister, her boyfriend and my nephew coming until Sunday to stay with us. Tomorrow evening we have Jamie's step-family's Easter dinner as well as going away party (both all rolled into one) for Jamie's step-cousin who is going to Africa (for a year I believe). It'll be nice to see all the family all together again, it's been since Christmas since we've seen them all together at the same time. I love those family get togethers, always a great time.

Tomorrow is also Jamie's mom's 60th birthday. She's unfortunately still in the hospital, so I don't think I can go see her, and Sean definitely cannot go to the hospital, so if Jamie's feeling better he will bring her a card that Sean made, and go and cheer her up. Tomorrow is also my friend Robyn's (with the same name!) birthday. However, I tried to email her but it got rejected back to me. I even tried leaving her a message on her blog, but I don't know if she will get it or see it. If you are reading this Robyn, please email me!!! I am looking for your new mailing address and I want to wish you a happy birthday! Contact me girl!

I have been doing a lot of knitting on Mackenzie's new sweater. It's such an easy knit, I'm loving it. I will post progress photos tomorrow. It's looking good, and I'm loving the color.

Alright, I hope my sister-in-law doesn't show up too early, I'd love to sleep in tomorrow, that would be nice. I also have a bit of tidying up to do before she comes, so I am hoping it's not too early. She does have a 3 hour + drive before even hitting Montreal, so I'm hoping that it's not too early. But then again we have to be at Jamie's step-aunt's house for 5pm and they do plan on visiting their mom in the hospital beforehand... so looks like I might just be getting up early.

I should have finished my antibiotics today, but because there was a night or two this week that I missed the middle of the night dose, I have an extra day of medication to take. I'm supposed to take a pill every 3 hours, but twice in the middle of the night I didn't wake up to take my dose, so I just took it in the morning upon waking up. I am feeling a LOT better even though I still have a slight cough come here and there.... hopefully it's nothing.

Just a reminder that there are just 10 days left to order yourself an April Sock Club kit. I have to say that the yarn is absolutely stunning hand painted by Zen Yarn Garden and Michelle of Not an Artist has made a gorgeous pattern that compliments the yarn so beautifully, I think I'm in love!

Day Twenty-one.... 10 days and counting. Glad it's almost over.... I'm dying for a little (not too much, I promise) retail therapy! Plus I want to do some shopping for my Fave Color Swap Partner.

Tomorrow I'll be announcing if someone has hit my 3616th comment (keep commenting, in case no one has hit it yet!) as well as the winner to my Scavenger Hunt 10 item contest.... you still have until tonight to get me those entries. If you don't have a blog - just photograph the 1o items and drop me an email with those items. I'll count that as a submission. I'll extend it until Saturday noon EST to get those to me. I've got 5 entries so far, good luck to everyone! I was hoping there would be more interest - but hey - you snooze, you lose and don't get entered to win a prize! Your loss!

20 comments:

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

I'm SO not a doctor, but your iron might be low, and it might be as easy as eating more iron-enriched food like Cream of Wheat (my favourite) or taking iron pills. I would also have to agree that a rambunctious 15-month old in the mix is exhausting to begin with! Enjoy Easter with your family!

Jenn said...

Recently I've felt fain/dizzy a few times myself. I thought maybe it was just me, but I'm little relieved to find out it's happened to someone else who it pregnant as well. I haven't seen my Dr. since it has happened, but's it's happened maybe or 3 times.

Kerry said...

I hope you have a great Easter weekend with your family! Sounds like it's going to be a busy one. I'm looking forward to a nice quiet weekend with just the kids and hubby.

Oh, have the March sock kits shipped yet? Can't wait to get it!

Anonymous said...

I can't find 10 things! Other than books and yarn. But since most of them are used books, I don't really think they count.

Lindsey said...

sean looks so cute in that jersey but i think he would be even cuter in a nashville predators jersey! go preds! lol!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sean looks so cute in that outfit he's wearing in the first picture, and of course in his Habs jersey. I love when little ones sit with their legs crossed like that.

How are your ears with this cold/sickness you've had? Sometimes when the ears are plugged or whatever, our balance can be thrown off...maybe that is contributing to your dizzyness? I do hope it's nothing though. Let us know what your doctor says about it.

Happy Easter!

Nichole D. said...

Dang, I knew there was something I was going to do! Time to go take a picture or two...

Caroline said...

Sean looks adorable in his Habs jersey! He's going to be such a Habs fan!

Anonymous said...

Sean is cute in the jersey! You know, I don't have a lot of things that haven't been used yet. :-( Enjoy having family over the weekend.

Firefly said...

Everytime I see a picture of Sean lately I am surprised by the hair, I keep picturing him with the curly mop and then there is a photo of a little boy staring back at me! You need to get the "go habs go" on video to show off, that must be soooo cute, almost as cute as him sitting in his jersey with no pants on, with his feet crossed ;)

Knittymuggins said...

Awwww.... such sweet photos! I can imagine that you'd be awfully tired with everything you've got going on ;) Hope you get a little rest this weekend!

knittymuggins

Jennifer Lori said...

I was going to enter the contest but I realized- what if I win? I don't want you to be accused of favoritism 'cus I'm family. :) (Yeah, that, and I've been too busy and keep forgetting). LOL

Dawn ;) said...

Bummer ~ missed out on the contest, maybe next time. Congrats on 1000 posts. ;D

Firefly said...

About the April kits, can I add order something from the store and have it shipped with the kit(more firefly stitch markers) and is it possible o get my yarn wound into a ball?I just finished hand winding March's NSK Club STR yarn and I am thinking that I don't want to so that again for awhile. Ugh.

Amelah said...

GO HABS GO! He looks so grown up! He is not allowed to grow anymore! Make him stop Robz!!!!

Cute pic of u @ the end LOL!

TROIS OISEAUX - Kimber said...

I hope the dizziness is relative to your recent cold. With my preeclampsia I started having dizzy spells and headaches (which I NEVER get) so I really hope that isn't what it is. Please let us know what your doc says.

I can't wait to see your latest Mackenzie knit. We'll both be posting a lot of baby knits - isn't that exciting?

The orange duffle coat is for the baby. The size on the pattern says 3-6 months but I think it is turning out to be a bit bigger than that.

Dawn said...

My younger son loves to read too. Sean looks too cute reading with his jersey on!

Anonymous said...

I second your note on cuteness of your son crossing his lets... that's just adorable! :)

Jennifer said...

omgosh - he looks so darn cute in that lil jersey!!!!

Tara said...

Re dizziness: how are your iron levels? Maybe you're a little anemic? And re tiredness: you think you're tired now? Wait until Mack arrives! Poor sweetie!!! :)